TK's Smoke Mod

Misc TK's Smoke Mod 4.0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Taka_dais updated TK's Smoke Mod with a new update entry:

I made fine adjustments.

I adjusted the texture of the smoke.

annotation:
I also recommend using "Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights" mod.
And if you open the following file and ENABLED all the options, the quality will rise greatly.
Applying my latest mod without doing it may feel that the quality has declined conversely.

\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config
particles_fx.ini

Read the rest of this update entry...

Currently using your newest update and the most recently released version of Shadder Patch (preview 30). Im getting an issue where my mirrors render the smoke, but I don't physically see it. During a burn out or off road driving, no particles render behind my or in the replays - it is only showing in the mirrors :/

[UPDATE]: I was able to get the smoke to finally work (again) simply by enabling the settings in the file MANUALLY and also by double checking the option changes through Content Manager. It seems to be very inconsistent to get settings to change and save via CM (Im using the most latest version as well), So if your updates Shadders Patch and TK's Smoke mod as regularly as I am, don't worry, its not a problem with the mod, CM or the Lights Patch - Its just all three of the mods have issues getting updated all at once on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I was wondering whether the color of the smoke is correct under the rain or not...
because I had an issue with normal weather that I fixed "enabling" the particle effects.
Great job by the way ;)

upload_2018-12-18_1-57-50.png

Hey, I have a annoying problem, I Installed the entire rar folder (drift, GT and snow) via CM (that´s my fault) and now all the tires are smoking even in the tarmac, like in snow setup. I've alredy installed the GT and DRIFT specs, returned the original CFG and Textures, but the 4 smoking wheels persists :/

But The Smoke is very nice, for drifting is perfect! If someone can helpme, I appreciate :)

Hey, I have a annoying problem, I Installed the entire rar folder (drift, GT and snow) via CM (that´s my fault) and now all the tires are smoking even in the tarmac, like in snow setup. I've alredy installed the GT and DRIFT specs, returned the original CFG and Textures, but the 4 smoking wheels persists :/

But The Smoke is very nice, for drifting is perfect! If someone can helpme, I appreciate :)
I think that it will be fixed by manual installation of my mod.
If it still does not fix, is not that the directory to install is wrong?
I do not know any more.

Does it work well Whit SOL ?
What the difference whit Peter texture and smoke ?
If you use it with sol, if you delete the following file in the "weather" folder, my mod will be valid.

tyre_pieces_grass.ini
tyre_pieces_grass.lua
tyre_smoke.ini
tyre_smoke.lua
tyre_smoke_grass.ini
tyre_smoke_grass.lua

Thanks for the mod, it looks really nice, but I just can't make it work.
The instructions are a littble bit confusing for people who use SOL (like me). If I activate smoke in the Custom Shaders Patch -> Particles FX and let the "Show in mirrors" activated, I can see in the mirros the smoke when the car is moving (as if it was the handbreak always on), but does not show anything when the car starts moving or when it breaks (fast break or normal break, it doesn't matter).
But If I deactive the Custom Shaders Patch -> Particles FX -> Mirrors, it shows smoke when the car starts to move or breaks, but doesn't show any smoke when sliding the car, except when it hits the grass.
Why is it so hard, when it is obviouslly so simple to make it work!? I am really frustrated. :(
But, again, thank you very much for this brilliant mod!

I may have found a fix, you have to turn off particles fx. if you have content manager its simple: go into settings, custom shaders patch, go into the "particles fx" tab and uncheck the "active" box

if you dont have content manager then you have to go into the game files and look for the "particles_fx.ini" file in steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extensions/particles_fx.ini and under [BASIC] change "ENABLED=1" to "ENABLED=0"

I may have found a fix, you have to turn off particles fx. if you have content manager its simple: go into settings, custom shaders patch, go into the "particles fx" tab and uncheck the "active" box

if you dont have content manager then you have to go into the game files and look for the "particles_fx.ini" file in steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/extensions/particles_fx.ini and under [BASIC] change "ENABLED=1" to "ENABLED=0"
EDIT: I found a solution that works without absolutely destroying your frames and also gets rid of the smoke, just uncheck or disable "solid pieces: dirt, bits of grass, shards in collisions and such"

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 9 28.1%