MGP17 Tip for improving AI

Hey guys, I just wanted to share an idea on how to improve AI.

The basic problem with AI is that it's not track-specific, which means that it's impossible to make it good for each track. But maybe there's a way to change it.

Here are the steps:
1) Make the AI generally challenging in every circuit, no matter if it's too challenging. The important thing is that you can reach a balance where it's fast in every circuit (no matter if by 0,5 tenths or by 4 seconds). It has to be faster than player in every circuit, not faster in some and slower in others. Don't worry if in some circuits is too fast compared to others, you'll fix this later.

2) Adjust splines to correct distortions caused by a faster AI or to improve their racing lines (making change of directions faster or make them doing tighter lines)

3) This is the real tip I'm giving you. Once you've made them fast everywhere, you can adjust them regarding each track. How? Take a look at VRTG skillscatalog. Some riders (like Rossi and Lorenzo) have a "FavouriteTrack" attribute. You can make one of those attributes for each track and for each rider, and simply slow down AI according to your needs. This way you can adjust AI to every track. These attributes are no longer used in MotoGP17, but I think if you copy paste them from VRTG they'll work.

Hope someone will find this helpful, it's worth giving it a shot

are you sure this will work? i remember playing arround with this favorite track modifier and i couldn´t see an effect when i was adding additional entrys. (in vrtg). Also, did a mod for vrtg change the complete splines? If so i missed it.

are you sure this will work? i remember playing arround with this favorite track modifier and i couldn´t see an effect when i was adding additional entrys. (in vrtg). Also, did a mod for vrtg change the complete splines? If so i missed it.
Yeah I tried it two days ago on VRTG. I added a Catalunya attribute to Rossi and made him as slow as Miller. It worked just fine.

About splines, yeah someone managed to edit them and wrote a guide about it. Giovaneveterano did some spline mods, included in his mod. Dyego also updated his BMLeditor to simplify the process of editing AI splines ;)

Yeah I tried it two days ago on VRTG. I added a Catalunya attribute to Rossi and made him as slow as Miller. It worked just fine.

About splines, yeah someone managed to edit them and wrote a guide about it. Giovaneveterano did some spline mods, included in his mod. Dyego also updated his BMLeditor to simplify the process of editing AI splines ;)
Ok. I must have done something wrong back than. I did read that guide once and it stated it wouldn´t really work in Vrtg, only in 15.

Guys I will release AI for Moto3 this weekend but AI is not everything.. The game should be played better with corrected tracks.. what I want to say is that some circuit need to have better or worse lap records than in real life because Milestone make Catalunya longer than Mugello etc :D
I know that everyone want to have real life time... anyway i prefer ride even 10 sec faster or slower than real life but with a challenging AI

Into the DATA/TRACKS there is a optimization.bml file that contains the grip factor for every corner of the track. It changes only the AI grip, it's a good starting point, but I never edited it since 2014.

Into the "realistic lap time" topic I'm lost. I can tweak the physics over and over again but again this year I can clock a 1.58 at Silverstone (lap record around 2:00) but not better than 1.50 at Mugello.
Sad.

Nikki 2017

@Simberia
Into the DATA/TRACKS there is a optimization.bml file that contains the grip factor for every corner of the track. It changes only the AI grip, it's a good starting point, but I never edited it since 2014.

Into the "realistic lap time" topic I'm lost. I can tweak the physics over and over again but again this year I can clock a 1.58 at Silverstone (lap record around 2:00) but not better than 1.50 at Mugello.
Sad.

So if I copy the optimization.bml from the real track times used in VRTG it could help me?

im playing console but has anyone noticed the dramatic difference between qualifying and race times for the a1. im doing career mode in moto3 and there is a good 5-7 second difference between race and qualifying times and its quite a difference when im going from 10th to 32nd in 2 laps and im riding as good as i was qualifying

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000