Tinted Windshield in Some Cars?

When I run some GT3 cars,the winshield is tinted and it's hard to see where I am going. Sometimes it clears up and sometimes not. Is there a fix for this?

That's where using a Mod Manager is very useful and remains a must have .... just unactivating mods and reactivating them one by one makes the task easier or better avoids the problem from the start if the problem is immediately noticed with a little test after activating it.
Where do I get that?

Where do I get that?
You also can do things differently,

Install gtr2 fresh.. install patches and other non car or track related stuff (like gtr2 xd or map plugin)

Then pack the whole gtr2 folder in a 7zip or rar. basicly a whole backup of a fresh install of gtr2.

And when you unzip it lets say desktop or your c drive rename the gtr2 folder to something like gtr2 - f1 or gtr2 - enduro
So when you mesh up a install you can remove it and just unzip it again and start all over again.

You can have tons of gtr2 installs

Also you could only delete the gamedata folder and copy it from your backup.

I have for example, 1 install is totally clean, 1 for open wheel and 1 for le mans/ blancpain

When I run some GT3 cars,the winshield is tinted and it's hard to see where I am going. Sometimes it clears up and sometimes not. Is there a fix for this?

See you have fixed one of the issues
But if you get darkened windscreen in the garage and in shadows the reason are a lot of mods have shadows enabled on the windows.
open the .cas file and find the line with X_Cpit_windows.gmt in it.
like this one.
MeshFile=dbr9_cpit_windows.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(3.0) ShadowReceiver=True
Just delete "ShadowReceiver=True" or make it =False and you will not have the windscreen blacked out in the shadows.

See you have fixed one of the issues
But if you get darkened windscreen in the garage and in shadows the reason are a lot of mods have shadows enabled on the windows.
open the .cas file and find the line with X_Cpit_windows.gmt in it.
like this one.
MeshFile=dbr9_cpit_windows.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(0.0) LODOut=(3.0) ShadowReceiver=True
Just delete "ShadowReceiver=True" or make it =False and you will not have the windscreen blacked out in the shadows.
Thanks, will do.

Hello, maybe my reply arrives too late.
But if I get it right: within the game, under "realism" menu simply de-select "visible windshield".
I had a black screen in front of me while racing with Oreca05 LMP / Rebellion R/One: I tried every tweak and code line suggested on the web but the only one working with me is the one I did put here.
I hope it will help you too.
Cheers from Monza, Marco Lazzari [iKR]

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%