Tinted Windshield in Some Cars?

When I run some GT3 cars,the winshield is tinted and it's hard to see where I am going. Sometimes it clears up and sometimes not. Is there a fix for this?

Yes there is a fix for it i got the back windscreen issue with the blancpain 2012 mod with the bmw z4 only.

It have to do with shader.. there is a shader/sweetfx mod i believe its in the 10th year patch

Sometimes when its installed it causes black windscreen but also when its not installed it depents on the mod.

Last edited:
That's not too complicated but not easy :
- with Geditor open either xxx_tex.gtr or xxx_cpit.gtr then search for xxxwindows.dds and extract it
- open gimp/photoshop and drop dds : use transparency slider between 50-75% then save new dds
- copy your new windows dds in your car mod (you don't need to use Geditor but you can though)

Too much work. LOL I noticed that there is a SRPL shader in the game data, I removed that. Didn't make a difference. I would put it back, but not sure where it is supposed to go.

Too much work. LOL I noticed that there is a SRPL shader in the game data, I removed that. Didn't make a difference. I would put it back, but not sure where it is supposed to go.
Do you have multiple mods installed in a single GTR2 copy? I had this problem when combining multiple mods. To avoid problems/conflicts like that, to speed up GTR2 start and to have per-series .plr/CrewChief.ini settings I always use separate GTR2 for each mod.

Do you have multiple mods installed in a single GTR2 copy? I had this problem when combining multiple mods. To avoid problems/conflicts like that, to speed up GTR2 start and to have per-series .plr/CrewChief.ini settings I always use separate GTR2 for each mod.
Yes, I do. Don't feell like doing separate installs. Thanks for the tip though. Do I need to put the shader files back in the game and if so, where?

Yes, I do. Don't feell like doing separate installs. Thanks for the tip though. Do I need to put the shader files back in the game and if so, where?
Again, this depends on a mod. If you are talking about SRPL/SSTR shaders, it is mod specific and if you mix mods it gets messy. I once had the same problem mixing GT3/GT4 field, never figured out why window goes very dark if mods are put together. Separately, both work fine. What's even more strange window would go untinted after green light goes out.

In fact, I'm even not sure that internal window glass was present in GTR2 original cars ( I rather guess they came with Race07 ).
That's something which is mostly difficult to create with a perfect result .. much more difficult than the external ones.

I already searched for the original GTR2 cockpit windows ... and never found them separately ( they should appear separately in the .cas file and that's not the case ) or in chassis or cockpit or cockpit_chassis gmt.
Sometimes you seem to find one but looking at it in 3dSimed you quickly notice that the windows are not present.
That's why the original GTR2 windows seem perfect ( except brilliances ) and perfectly transparent .... of course as they are invisible because .... not present. :D

There are some mods with a very good result ... but rarely perfect for right transparency, brilliances and reflects.
( often rather too milky or too dark or too transparent )
I have not enough knowledge in 3D, just basics, but I guess the base for good cockpit windows is to be found in the "Multipliers" correctly and perfectly used.
I also tried different tricks to get decent ones ( specular, cubemaps, glass color and transparency dds, etc ... ) .... but I never was perfectly happy with them ... they always miss something or have something ... too much.

Last edited:
Again, this depends on a mod. If you are talking about SRPL/SSTR shaders, it is mod specific and if you mix mods it gets messy. I once had the same problem mixing GT3/GT4 field, never figured out why window goes very dark if mods are put together. Separately, both work fine. What's even more strange window would go untinted after green light goes out.
Yup, had the same problem. Someimesthe windshield goes clear after I get on the track. Think I am going to just leave the shader out unless there are problems. Can't remember where it goes anyway in the files.

Think what I am going to do is, reload the game, save the tracks, and then maybe reload the mods one at a time and see which one is causing the problem. I have the tinted Windshield even in the driving school.

That's where using a Mod Manager is very useful and remains a must have .... just unactivating mods and reactivating them one by one makes the task easier or better avoids the problem from the start if the problem is immediately noticed with a little test after activating it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back