F1 2010 Time Trial Week #15 Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Time Trial Week #15 Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 14th February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

world record :) 1:11.382
2jdq7te.jpg

Some great times being posted here guys, nice going. Closing the gap to those big guns Paul, good job :)
Got in another half hour last night and surprisingly for me was straight away close to my best time. Never quite got into top gear for turn one but now getting through there flat in 6th and handling turn 8 much better.
Finished my session with a handy 1:14.884 and am well stoked with that at this point. I know there is the possibility of more to come and think a high 1:13 is a possibility. I'll be watching you James ;)

Some great times being posted here guys, nice going. Closing the gap to those big guns Paul, good job :)
Got in another half hour last night and surprisingly for me was straight away close to my best time. Never quite got into top gear for turn one but now getting through there flat in 6th and handling turn 8 much better.
Finished my session with a handy 1:14.884 and am well stoked with that at this point. I know there is the possibility of more to come and think a high 1:13 is a possibility. I'll be watching you James ;)

Yeah Peter, I can confirm taking turn 1 in 7th without lifting, even running 1/1 wings - I nearly wet my pants as I can actually get to turn 2 AHEAD of Golden Bortz. Its all downhill from there like, but not seeing his ghost in front of me even for a couple seconds was a beautiful thing!!!

Keep pushing mate and try and get that power down early, I can see a 13 for you - oh yesh.

You aiming to topple the assisted #1 spot Wekkie?

I was getting good times (for me anyway) with the default mechs average setup, so I do plan to experiment with more wing as quite rightly you could negate the higher speed on straights with faster corners. I will be over the moon if I get a 12 of any description!

Actually, Speed1267 is a cheater, about 2 months ago he said that I was a cheater because I did 1:05.5xx in sao paulo(LOL) and now I do 1:04.493 and since then he has cheated on every track, he is actually very slow, before he started to cheat I raced with him online. I can show u impossible times on almost every track of him. On my #1 time in Yeongam, I followed his ghost and he was alot behind me in the start and then in the middle of the lap he suddenly accelerated much and was way faster than me. And in hockenheim, I have pretty much maxxed the track, trust me, not even with assists u cant come close to his time, if anyone ever do under 1:11.200 Id be suprised.

I am still running higher wings (can't remember exactly what though, think maybe 3/2) and also have the incar setting for aero set to + so not sure how much extra speed I can get with that turned down. Still got plenty of improvement to make.. turn 1 and 2 and the section from 8-12 so hoping I can gain quite of bit of time there.

Really enjoying this track.... just out of interest when anyone screws up a lap do you carry on with it and finish the lap regardless of whether it has been invalidated or do you restart the lap? Just wondering what most people do.

I find you tend to get a faster run down the straight if you are coming round from a driven lap, rather than the speed the TT sets you off at, so thats definitely advantagous to just keep going rather than restarting. However, I have been known to restart if I mess up the first corner on a track, just out of frustration.
As well as a bit more initial speed, obviously you stand more chance of getting your rhythm and in turn better times if you dont restart - plus you can experiment and practice the other corners even on an invalid lap.

I think overall I could go 3/10ths more but for alot of these dry TT's im gonna have to start thinking Aero, which is really annoying cos I was doing just fine until Grisfiske starts showing me up :p

About restarting the lap when you get to Grisfiskes and my pace you have to run the full lap or your gonna lose out those important couple of tenths at the start which are impossible to claw back and then gain some.

Thanks for the feedback guys... always interested to see what others do. Not so bad carrying on laps here but for the longer circuits I tend to restart more but I do like to get a run of consequetive laps as it helps with the rhythm.

Paul, you're doing well mate, that's a good time!

Well, I've had a few new PB's tonight, but haven't quite broken into the 1:12's yet. You might do it before me. :D

1:13.204

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-02-10 22-13-40-95.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-02-10 22-13-40-95.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 198
Nice to meet everyone here, this will be my first official attempt at TT. I have done an early effort which is 1:13.xxx my name is below Roman5 on his pic, but will have a better time (hopefully) before it close's. I'll post a final pic here, when i feel i cant do any better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back