Time to clean or replace the Pots

So guys. I'm having accelerator issues on my Fanatec CSR Elite pedals. Basically they don't ever get to 100% fully depressed and when released it goes down to about 10% and flutters around that level sometimes going below and above and sometimes eventually settling down to zero.
I've been searching for ages on the Internet forums and how to websites for any information as to what Pots they use or how to repair or clean them.

Anyone out there in the community have any experience of cleaning these things?
Hints and tips/Dos and Don'ts most welcome.
Or if anyone knows the model numbers so I can maybe just replace them and have some spare for the future would be even better.
I have asked Fanatec if they can advise the model number or type but they've nit got back to me yet. Only to advise previously that they dont stock replacement sensors for these pedals only for CSPs
Cheers.

Its very easy to measure the total resistance of the pot - but sometimes huge companies order pots with custom law and/or custom turning degree.
Thats the real challenge buying a standard pot.

If you are so lucky that you find a useable alternative then my advice is to get that pot in a higher (highest?) quality. So it doesnt wear out in a lifetime ;)

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help, can it be measured even if it is defective?
What would be the consequence, in this particular application, if using a pot with difference values?
Than you´d probably get calibration issues, that means the pedal would not deliver the expected value to your PC/console.

On your console you´d sol (**** outa luck) on PC there might be a way around this by using DIView or similar.

If there is away to just replace the pedals with something newer you´d be able to save a lot of headache.
In my Thrustmaster days I was stubborn too as I don´t like to replace (mostly) working gear, but it was a lot of hassle and kept me from driving for longer periods of time.

After biting the bullet there was nearly no downtime anymore ( except the one time I did something stupid and the service had to recue me :()

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes