Thrustmaster wheel badge removal?

samcar304

Premium
Hello,

I was just curious has anyone removed the badge from the center of their thrustmaster wheel?
For example: The Ferrari badge from the middle of the F1 rim.

I wanted to ask here before I done anything and broke it.

Thanks, Sam

I've found this:
First of dismantle the Wheel, this is very easy to do
Then, Take a Ball point pen, and incribe all around the the markings Ive highlighted in red, this is easy as the Plate is made of light tin
Then take a flat knife and gentle lift the centre plate away, Then when its away from the main body, you now have a template to make a new plate, out of whatever you want to use
If you are going to add the Led's
Then you have to remove the Plate ive highlighted in blue, and then measure out were, you are going to put the sli-pro led's, and cut a hole out for it to fit
You will also have to remove some of the inside casing

Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-f1-rim-modding.237777/

Upvote 0
I dismantled mine a while back, I am pretty sure that the ferrari badge itself was attached by two small protrusions (which were part of the yellow badge itself) coming through the main hub and being melted to secure the badge in position. This is from memory so I could be wrong.

I think the badge hub itself was attached to the faceplate by two screws

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew! That video was very helpful. Just done it myself and got the badge off, Just putting some black stuff over the Ferrari badge on the F1 rim. Whilst I don't mind Ferrari i would like to have my rim "Unbranded". :)

Upvote 0
I dismantled mine a while back, I am pretty sure that the ferrari badge itself was attached by two small protrusions (which were part of the yellow badge itself) coming through the main hub and being melted to secure the badge in position. This is from memory so I could be wrong

Yes those small protrusions were quite tricky haha. spent a while trying to get the emblem off the round spiky dial :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back