Thrustmaster t500rs or Fanatec csw, bmw rim and csp v2 pedals?

• Thread starter Deleted member 151827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 151827

• Deleted member 151827

Hey all. Just sold all my stuff and am ready to buy a new wheel. :) I was looking at the Fanatec csw, bmw rim and csp v2 pedals or the Thrustmaster t500rs. The Fanatec stuff looks far superior, but that doesn't always Maen anything. What is your take on it? Thanks all. :)

no worries doug , if you want download the program called fanaleds this will give yohttp://www.fanaleds.com/u all the readouts on your wheel rpm speed gears ect , and get acquainted with it
I'm not one to care too much for the LED's and hope more developers offer options to shut the feature off because earlier on in developing this feature game crashes were occurring.
I have tried fanaleds and have removed the program just as quick as I have installed it. Just not for me.

Upvote 0
I haven't had many issues with Fanaleds v1.2 - only with rF2. There are a few titles where you have to make some minor changes to use Fanaleds. rF2 has native support for the Fanatec Wheels LED's and that can be disabled by editing the controller settings file. The issue I am having in rF2 is with running both the wheel display and the SLi-M display at the same time. Fanaleds worked fine with both displays in AC - no changes needed. IIRC, iRacing and Pcars need one minor change in settings to use Fanaleds - it's all in the "readme".

@Birddogg66, it should be possible to disable the Fanatec wheel display by editing the control-set file via notepad although, I haven't looked into that for all titles.

Upvote 0
the

there probably is doug , but its a bit over the top of my head ,i try to set things in the program but cannot get it right so just go back to default settings, maybe racenut knows something there

There is a lot more that could be added to Fanaleds to offer more options - such as being able to disable the display functions or choose which display shows what. It might be possible to do some of that now by notepad edits of the Fanatec-specific control sets but, it would be nice to have more options in the UI for such things.

This is all quite new to me but, having to get the SLI working in combo with the wheel has me on a mission ATM. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks guy's. I did some research and although the Thrustmaster is cheaper i end up ordering the Fanatec csw, bmw wheel and csp v2 pedal setup. I had a Fanatec csr Forza wheel and csr pedals so i hope i notice a big difference! :)
Fanatec is better IMHO, though I like the 500 a lot. Let us know how different the FFB is from your CSR :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 151827

Everybody needs this Fanatec setup! I can't believe what i was missing while using my csr us wheel and pedals! Craftsmanship at it's finest! Thanks Fanatec!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 151827

Hey guy's. I get this vibration in my wheel at idle with my new setup when running AC. Seems like if i push the brake it gets better. Any way i can get rid of this? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 151827

nice you like your wheel doug , i have the same problem with my wheel , but it does not worry me too much , and have no idea on how to fix it

Thanks Noel. At least i know it's not just mine. Must be a "normal" thing. lol I really am enjoying the wheel. I must not be pushing it very hard because it's always pushed out cool air so far. ;)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 151827

Could it be a canned engine vibration? Maybe increasing the filter in-game will reduce the effect.

Thanks RaceNut. I'll give it a shot. It's at 0 in game right now. I'll bump it up some and let you know. Thanks

Upvote 0
Although I am not the one asked let me just add a little bit of wisdom from my long time with Fanatec products: Always keep the on-wheel settings at 100 Str if at all possible and reduce gain ingame to not loose FFB effect fidelity. Gain in games is a very subjective setting. Depends on your comfort level over a prolonged distance I would say. That at least how I set mine up. Drive and test. Every game is different. Takes a while each time.

Greetings from Aussie

Upvote 0
For what it's worth - I have my in-game FFB strength at about 70% in most games, + 5%. I'm using 100% strength in the CSW Force settings (Little to no Spring/dampener) with one or two additional presets available to reduce the force on the fly if needed as some cars FFB can vary quite a bit.

Upvote 0
i have found a very nice setting for me any way , gain at .60 and ff on wheel 130 and no spring and damper , feels very nice with the formula abarth
Ooooh not good mate........do NOT go above 100 FF with AC. BIG risk to damage motors. Tune gain down by .01 at a time til you find a good feel.

The setting on the wheel is designed for games with very low base gain on FFB-not for games like AC that have massive gain to begin with. Fanatec clearly states that on the FAQs on their website.

Upvote 0
you might be right mark , if i turn the gain up 1 in game and 100 on wheel i get the burn smell , but this setting at .60 and 130 i get no burn smell , but i will turn it down anyway to be sure , thanks for warning cheers

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back