Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

My journey started with a T300 and the basic 2 pedal set, I wasn't sure if the racing bug would really kick in so I wasn't willing to invest all too much early on and ever since I have been chasing my tail in the Thrustmaster ecosystem. The dual pedals it came with sucked and I very quickly ended up getting T3PA Pros to replace them.

T3PA Pros
I bought a set of T3PA Pros and they were a decent improvement. The brake was still positional but the conical brake in the box was OK if a bit stiff. I found the BJS Conical mod about 18 months ago and the green rubber was actually quite a good feeling with a gamma of 1.4. I drove like that for nearly a year and I got a lot better. I had managed to dial in a mostly linear feel but I had two problems at each end. At the top end of braking, there were too few values to give smooth adjustments and secondly, I couldn't really feel where 10% was so coming off trailing was a bit hard. I figured I would work it out in the end but I never got the hang of it consistently.

6 months ago I got an SRS (https://www.simracingsolutions.co.uk/) loadcell mod. Unlike the Ricomotech one, this pushes directly horizontally into the loadcell via rubber grommet. It is really solid, the pedal barely moves with this installed. It's not configurable either, so all you can really do is increase the minimum and decrease the maximum in-game to dial it in. Supposedly it has a 20KG loadcell in it, I was mostly using it at 45% in AC. This took my braking up a notch and made trailing easier, but I couldn't really come off the brake smoothly and slowly, the lack of movement was a bit of an issue. Hitting the points (100, 80, 20) was all fine but if I came off the brake and then wanted a blip of it the minimum was about 10%. There was too much pressure to get things going at all, it felt like 50% to get the first 10% and then linear upwards to 100% and that was the biggest problem. I wanted the trail to be half the pressure I was using at least it was far too heavy from the outset. They did offer to ship me a 10KG loadcell and that might have helped but I think the problem was more inherent to the design than the sensor.

T-LCMs

Enter the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals. The moment I saw reviews I figured the setup application combined with the configurable springs was likely going to be what I was looking for. I had a loadcell already and it had improved my driving but it wasn't easy to learn to use and I didn't like the pedal feel at all. I got them out of the box 3 hours ago (after leaving them for a week to de virus!).

I tried the initial medium brake setting, found about 60% brake pressure was similar, removed most of the minimum force and went for a drive. I drove the same car/track/grip I drove in an endurance race a few days ago so it was fresh in my mind for comparison. I dropped 1.5seconds at best, but more importantly I had a lap to lap variance of 0.2-0.3s. I managed maybe 0.6s with occasional bad laps with the SRS Loadcell, these things instantly fixed my inconsistency problem. Its one thing to eventually find the pedals help, but to instantly just find them amazing I was not expecting that. The confidence I have with these brakes within minutes of getting them out of the box is incredible.

The initial setup they have too much travel for my taste and I think I want to remove the preload motion, go a bit stiffer and get the throttle further away so I can heel-toe blip easier. But already I can see coming off smoothly is easy, hitting the key points for threshold was easy to learn and trailing was not a problem at all. I am impressed, as a combination its cheaper than the T3PA Pros and the Fanatec loadcell set which I nearly bought until these were announced. It is clearly better in every way than the SRS loadcell. Loadcells are not all equal and having that movement in the pedal helps with consistency just as the loadcell helps the muscle memory, I need both to race well apparently. My pedals were definitely limiting me and Thrustmaster has done a good job with these, hall sensors on the throttle and clutch and that smooth loadcell.

About the only thing that has irritated me is the need to unplug the USB for the pedals if you change a setting, but it's going to be an initial annoyance that disappears once I am done with the setup process.

Will give as much info I can on these, because before I was looking for same info from someone in forums :D
Im on T300 Alcantara ,with 3TPA pedals, now that I have used T-LCM I can say 3TPA are bare minimum that you can use to be somewhat consistent, main thing is lack of consistency, specially on braking, but also acceleration smoothness.
Could not decide between CSL Elite LC pedals or T-LCM, Liked the look of the Fanatec ones much more and was planing to move to their ecosystem when upgrading to DD in future, but as it was easier and cheaper to get Thrustmaster ones and they have magnetic sensors instead of potentiometer and can be used with separate USB connection.
But the moment I unpacked T-LCM I was pleasantly surprised, they do look and feel much better in real life than all of the review videos would let you think. I have F-GT cockpit (only swapped out that horrible seat to a bucket seat), attached pedals with all 5 screws (had to drill only the middle one, but I think all 5 are a must). Now the weak point is cockpits pedal plate, not the pedals, as it brings in the flex.
T-LCM are MILES better that 3TPA pedals, way more solid, much smoother and they have nice feedback while driving and you can feel the difference in input resolution instantly, much closer to real pedals. Gas and clutch pedals have some side movement but you can not feel it while driving, brake is solid as can be in this price, also spring mechanism looks like will be easy way to mod them later for some extra feels :D
Also added bonus is that I can now better feel vibrations from bass shaker that I have under the pedal plate, I drive only in VR and new pedals and that extra feel from shaker substantially increased immersion and that is what Im after :)

For me its a solid buy for that price!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mine arrived today. But something seems wrong, i mean, I can't go past 40/50% of the load cell, even jumping on the pedal! So I have to set it like on 1%

Upvote 0
I ordered mine at Conrad.de and they are planned to be shipped in the next week.

Did you get yours?
I ordered (and paid!) mine at voelkner.de – basically the same company – on May 10th with an announced delivery within one week, and since then the delivery got postponed week after week.
In the meantime I asked Thrustmaster themselves about when I could expect a delivery, and they answered they'd expect a restock from mid to end of july.
Yesterday (July 13th) I saw Amazon had them in stock, so I asked voelkner.de once more whether they would deliver as well, and they answered with "maybe in two weeks".
So I got fed up, asked for a cancellation of the order (which was acknowledged within minutes, at least) and ordered at Amazon.
Since this morning the packet is on its way from Spain to Germany.

Upvote 0
That’s pretty much my experience too. My order got postponed all the time and today I saw them available on Amazon and ordered there. I already got the mail that they are in their way to me.
I’m going to cancel the order at Conrad.

Upvote 0
Just a FYI if you do get a set of T-LCM pedals DO NOT calibrate them in the Windows control panel or from the Devices and Printers menu if you're hooking them up with the USB cable. ONLY calibrate them with the Thrustmaster Calibration Software and in the sim you're using. If you calibrate them in the Windows control panel the clutch and throttle pedal will not work properly because Windows tries to set a center point for them. This will cause the clutch and/or throttle to instantly go from 0% to 50% if you barely touch the pedal which makes driving incredibly difficult. If you did calibrate them by accident already in the Windows Control panel simply go back in there and press Reset to Default and then they will work perfectly. It drove me crazy for hours trying to figure out why my clutch and throttle were working like a on/off switch to the point I almost returned them thinking they were defective!

Upvote 0
The calibration tool is functional but one thing that struck me is that the pedals all have quite a bit initial start dead zone set out of the box. I minimised all of that and I think most people will want to do the same, some people want a dead zone for resting on the brake pedal but rarely on the clutch and accelerator. I think it is a bit of an odd default, so I do recommend people get the calibration tool from the outset and check how they want it. You obviously need it while you are trying out all the springs since it change will affect the calibration but I think even if the default springs feel right you need to head in and likely adjust those dead zones.

Upvote 0
That’s pretty much my experience too. My order got postponed all the time and today I saw them available on Amazon and ordered there. I already got the mail that they are in their way to me.
I’m going to cancel the order at Conrad.
Mine arrived yesterday, totally worth the wait!
Quite an upgrade in comparison to the (LC modded) T3PAs I used before!

Upvote 0
The times are a bit down, but driving consistently is way easier.
It took me some laps to get used to the longer brake pedal travel the LCM provides in comparison to my modded T3PAs.
But once I did, I found it way easier to modulate the braking force than before.
There's just a tiny issue I experience: When I max out the red springs, the pedal pushes "hard" against the load cell. See if I can find a matching piece of rubber / elastomer to smoothen the last 2mm of pedal throw.

Upvote 0
It took me some laps to get used to the longer brake pedal travel the LCM provides in comparison to my modded T3PAs.
But once I did, I found it way easier to modulate the braking force than before.
There's just a tiny issue I experience: When I max out the red springs, the pedal pushes "hard" against the load cell. See if I can find a matching piece of rubber / elastomer to smoothen the last 2mm of pedal throw.
What mod did you have chap?

Upvote 0
I was lucky to get a preorder for the TLCMs in Canada. Waiting on my wheel to come so I can start racing again, but so far the pedals feel great.

For those who have them already, check out the mod by Apex V2R for more stiffness and progressive control...not that I have them (yet)

Upvote 0
Okay, I have a similar mod - not sure I will really see much difference with a purpose build LC pedal set.
The biggest difference is the much longer pedal throw the LCM provides in comparison to the modded T3PA. While the latter (at least in my setup) has a very short Formula-Style throw, the LCM feels more like a road car.
At first I was afraid it would be too soft and springy, but it turns out to be just right.
Modding the T3PA with a Load Cell was a huuuuge step upwards, upgrading to the LCM added some sprinkles on top in terms of fidelity.

Also, the springs in the clutch and throttle pedals are much more stiffer than their T3PA counterparts, which has especially improved by throttle control.

I loved my T3PAs, but the upgrade was totally worth it so far.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Forum trophies