Thrustmaster rim wobble - known issue?

My T300 Alcantara rim has recently started wobbling on the base, seen here...

All fastenings seems to be tight, so has anyone seen this before and know what's going on? I've submitted a message to Thrustmaster customer support last Wednesday and I've not yet received a response from them (not impressed).

Getting withdrawal from my sim-racing as I don't want to use wheel until it's fixed :mad: so thought I'd ask here out of curiosity.

I thought this would be an issue with the set screw on the threaded collar, but from the replies, I guess not. How far down should the set screw be turned? Until it digs into the plastic part on the shaft? The collar loosens up after time on me, but I am concerned with tightening down the set screw too much.

Upvote 0
Situation solved.

Thrustmaster provided myself with a picture of alan-headed screws that needed tightening...
2aafvrl.jpg

Tightened all screws, with the upper-right one being particularly loose - now no wobble. Yes I know I said the all fastenings seemed tight, but for some reason, er, I missed these. I do work very long hours. :O_o:

Although I appreciate the help from TM technical support - in hindsight it's taken them one day short of two weeks and two video submissions for them to tell me something that should be obvious to them. Better late than never suppose.
Hey dude ... my son is having this issue - don't suppose you have this photo any longer or can you quickly explain which screws these were or point me in the right direction?
Thx

Upvote 0
you can ignore the above ... I figured out which allen head screws these were but they are all super tight and won't tighten nor loosen ... despite this the wobble still occurs like the "mating" between that plastic piece and the shaft it is bolted on to is not as square / flat as it should be. This is the a replacement TS-PC wheel - the first went very noisy like the motor was gone and also had the same wobble issue.
Not overly convinced by TM's QC control if I am honest :/

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes