Thrustmaster rim wobble - known issue?

My T300 Alcantara rim has recently started wobbling on the base, seen here...

All fastenings seems to be tight, so has anyone seen this before and know what's going on? I've submitted a message to Thrustmaster customer support last Wednesday and I've not yet received a response from them (not impressed).

Getting withdrawal from my sim-racing as I don't want to use wheel until it's fixed :mad: so thought I'd ask here out of curiosity.

I had a wobble on my TX wheel, if you take the wheel off, turn it around there is a circular plastic casing around the wheel, if that casing can move at all then the glue must have worn away.
With mine the glue must have worn away and was causing the main wheel to wobble, you may see a fine white rim of dust/used glue, I wiped that off and then I just super glued the circular part back and it has been perfect ever since.

Upvote 1
  • Deleted member 6919

Do you have the 4 dreaded bolts on that wheel same as the T500? which attach it to the main shaft, because they can work loose on the T500 and snap.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies :)

Paul: I had a look at that plastic casing - there is some very slight play present, although I don't think it's enough to be the entire caused of the wobble. No sign of glue in any form either. It's the only part of the entire kit to have play so perhaps it has become loose over time.

Gopher: There are 4 bolts but they're all tight. All other fastenings seem ok too.

I wish I had another rim to try for process of elimination, but I don't - so Thrustmaster support better pull their thumbs from their butts and actually deal with it :mad:

Upvote 0
I had similar wobble on my 599 evo rim straight out of the box. After checking all the screws front and back I found them all to be a little loose, after tightening them all the wobble was fixed. On the back there are 6 screws, 2 behind the paddles which on my wheel were really loose and were causing the most movement.

Upvote 0
Another thought I swap over my rims often depending on the car driven and after a while I noticed the screw in the 'quick' release collar was no longer nipping up and had become a little loose in its thread, this was allowing the wheel to work loose when driven. Just drilled a new pilot hole 10mm to the side, problem sorted

Upvote 0
Thank you Mick for your replies!

I've just looked at the six screws on the back of the wheel - the 4 for the main housing required half a turn to tighten and the 2 behind the paddles required around 1.5 turns - but the wobble is still present no matter how much I tighten the "quick release" system.

Thrustmaster technical support have now responded (a week after initial message) but so far they're just asking for information and videos! :(

Upvote 0
Situation solved.

Thrustmaster provided myself with a picture of alan-headed screws that needed tightening...
2aafvrl.jpg

Tightened all screws, with the upper-right one being particularly loose - now no wobble. Yes I know I said the all fastenings seemed tight, but for some reason, er, I missed these. I do work very long hours. :O_o:

Although I appreciate the help from TM technical support - in hindsight it's taken them one day short of two weeks and two video submissions for them to tell me something that should be obvious to them. Better late than never suppose.

Upvote 0
Situation solved.
Tightened all screws, with the upper-right one being particularly loose - now no wobble.

Thank you so much for posting this and the solution. Mine too was loose and driving me bonkers the last few days...and the same particular screw particularly loose! They were all a little loose. I was dreading dealing with TM on the issue. My "racing room" is fairly dark, so I didn't even really notice the screws.

If the loosening persists I might actually pull one of the screws and test a longer threaded screw, or apply some locktite.

Thanks again, Large Style!

Upvote 0
Loctite 270 is your friend :thumbsup: If you were to remove the three screws completely, you can see that the threads have a red locking material applied from the factory, but it's probably some cheap chinese knockoff that doesn't work properly :D
Clean the old gunk off with aceton, and then apply the Loctite sparingly. Problem solved :)

Upvote 0
@Beasley2810 I also couldn't see this picture, but I tried to tighten anything I can see, and in my case problem was caused by 4 philips screws that are on front of the base, these screws are on the ring that is around shaft of Your wheel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Beasley2810 I also couldn't see this picture, but I tried to tighten anything I can see, and in my case problem was caused by 4 philips screws that are on front of the base, these screws are on the ring that is around shaft of Your wheel.
hey i also cant see the picture , is the the 4 around the drive shaft you need to tighten? as ive tightened all 4 and still have a wobble

Upvote 0
Situation solved.

Thrustmaster provided myself with a picture of alan-headed screws that needed tightening...
2aafvrl.jpg

Tightened all screws, with the upper-right one being particularly loose - now no wobble. Yes I know I said the all fastenings seemed tight, but for some reason, er, I missed these. I do work very long hours. :O_o:

Although I appreciate the help from TM technical support - in hindsight it's taken them one day short of two weeks and two video submissions for them to tell me something that should be obvious to them. Better late than never suppose.
any chance you could post the picture again? Having same problem on my TX

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back