Thrustmaster Dilemma

Okay, posted twice about upgrading my G27. I ordered the T300RS GTE with the T3PA PRO pedals. And nobody has the pedals in my country :/

As a PC-only simracer I don't need compatibility to any of the new consoles. And they have the T500RS on stock
Now I could order the T300RS + T3PA vanilla pedals for 380 Euros.
Or I could order the T500RS package for 400 Euros.

I have read most of the comparisons, forum posts, whatever I found. There are more problems with the newer, better, brushless T300RS. But it's lighter, faster, more refined and probably will be supported longer.
However the T500RS is stronger, more durable, but some people say it's louder (by how much?). And the pedals don't have the conical brake mod (which would be 30 dollars including international shipping). And people say they prefer the T3PA with conical mod over the T500RS pedals...

I'm way overthinking this stuff. Help me RaceDepartment, you're my only hope...

As someone who has used both wheels, I would go with the T500. To me, its a better wheel and feels like a wheel. Stronger, etc than the T300 even though the T300 feels faster.

The T500 is louder. It will not distract you while racing or if you are like me, you will have a headset on and wont hear anything. The noise of the T500 will be a problem for other people in the same room. They wont like it.

The T300 is very quiet and will not cause issues to other people. They wont even know its making noise.

Cannot say anything about the pedals as I have not tried the T3PA.
Hi. As you have/had both wheels I'm gonna reply to you. T500 is my preferred wheel atm, because I really want those pedals and cant get the T3PA PROs in Europe. My only concern is the wheel base size... Is the base of T500 much bigger? Mainly the width concerns me. I couldnt find a picture of both on the same place. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
so i have the wheel now but only the standard pedals until thursday when the t3pa's arrive. Wow the standard pedals are bad ...there is a huge deadzone before it starts to register any braking....finding it really hard to brake now after using the g29 pedals.

does anyone have any recommended settings for the ffb in rf2 by the way??

Upvote 0
so i have the wheel now but only the standard pedals until thursday when the t3pa's arrive. Wow the standard pedals are bad ...there is a huge deadzone before it starts to register any braking....finding it really hard to brake now after using the g29 pedals.

does anyone have any recommended settings for the ffb in rf2 by the way??
Are you impressed by the wheel? :)

Upvote 0
There is bushings for the T500RS pedals that do similar work as for the conical brake mod. I suspect the conical brake mod don´t give enough resistance for my preferences but I haven´t tried it.

If you replace the fan or at least get it with the newer bigger one the T500RS don´t make all that much noise.

I replaced it with the TX it operate a bit smoother. A bit weaker but yes preferr it to the T500RS mainly due to the smoothness. I do miss the static paddles though.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back