Thrusmaster F1 Wheel is going to get a make over

Devil_Dog

I walk the line.
Fedex just dropped this off this morning.

6843862686_f9caa6d280_z.jpg

I will start modding it to add what is missing. A shift light indicator, working rotary switches & encoders and adding clutch paddles as well.

Here's the SLI:

6989991595_b6268766e5_z.jpg

Here's the rotary switches and hall effect sensors. Only 2 of the switches will be used. The others are for another F1 wheel I'm working on. (I'll update that thread when I get the rest of what I'm waiting for.) I'm waiting on the rotary encoders which should be here Monday.

6989989537_76a85427a6_z.jpg

Ah very good to know, thanks,
before you close everything up (when finiished i mean) , please post a photo of the inside with the PCB and rotaries and the sli-pro if you don't mind Mike.

can't wait to see the finished result.
I'll be using your thread as a guide. thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
As I have been slowly waiting for things to come in I have started to strip it down and start to perform surgery. Here's a glimpse.

7051605547_69ec92b4a0_b.jpg

I'm also replacing the buttons with some of a higher quality. Not my pic (Credit to Leo for the pic.) but these are the switches that I'll be using.

6905527318_9d2175aebd.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a teaser pic.

7092479507_30429bfee5_z.jpg

Just have to do the wiring and get my labels done for the rotaries. I'm screwed until the weekend so I'm hoping I can get the wiring done and back together over the weekend.

Upvote 0
Very nice job Mike, the lenses worked out okay then :D You should be really pleased with whole job, it looks really nice...Kudo's ;)

Thanks Brian. Yes, they did work out. It's a tight fit for the SLI but after a little surgery it's in there.:ninja:

So far I'm happy. I still have some work left but the main portion is done.

Upvote 0
That's great, I'm currently purchasing an SLI-PRO as well and this will be the way I'm going as well. Having a tutorial like yours is worth a lot. Cheers mate!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back