GT Sport This game has produced some of the worst online racing I have ever experienced.

I’m late to the game, I bought it months after release. I still don’t understand how during qualify, players post lap times 4-5 seconds ahead of mine when I can’t seem to squeeze more.

Rub another car, penalty
Get pushed off the track by another player, penalty
Get rammed from behind, penalty
Rammed and knocked off track, more ****ing penalties

Usually only ABS. The best hotlaps might use CSA on some cars, and TCS is usually used for standing starts, but that's about it.

I put a lot of effort into a Gr4 race at Nurburgring today. The the first place driver in qualifying 3 seconds ahead of 2nd place. Top 5 all had similar times, except for 1st. Than I watch the replay during the race, and the guy is corner cutting to the extreme. Not to mention in the same race, I got bumped from behind 3 times, the last time sent me in the grass, which I received a penalty, while the other driver received absolutely nothing. This game's online racing is absolute garbage.

If you're 3 seconds a lap off the pace, your braking points and apex speeds are not optimised. People are naturally going to find it harder to predict when you'll brake because at your current skill level, each player's strong and weak areas of the circuit are exaggerated. That's why the bumps are happening. Even the higher level lobbies struggle to get through a race without some contact.

Also what is your SR right now? If it's not S, get it to S, then you can complain if the bumping persists.

If you're 3 seconds a lap off the pace, your braking points and apex speeds are not optimised. People are naturally going to find it harder to predict when you'll brake because at your current skill level, each player's strong and weak areas of the circuit are exaggerated. That's why the bumps are happening. Even the higher level lobbies struggle to get through a race without some contact.

Also what is your SR right now? If it's not S, get it to S, then you can complain if the bumping persists.

I had some spat with a user on reddit over the same issue. He was straight up corner cutting during the race, and he wasn't being penalized. I'm very familiar with the nurburgring track, and I couldn't come close to his time, nobody could. I tried in time trial and could only make that time up if I cut the last handful of corners, but my times obviously weren't official.

My driver rating is currently S. It bounces between S-A.

The online experience in Sport is the worst I have ever experienced, it literally ruins the game! Which is quite sad considering it was kind of designed around it.

The lobbies are fine, had some good fun races in there, but Sport mode is pathetic unless you are crap, or an utter freak.

If you are fair to middling you will be penalised, rammed, chucked all over the grids to make sure you cant progress your ranking.

It's a woeful system, I played it online for a month and just gave up. Never tried it again.

I had some spat with a user on reddit over the same issue. He was straight up corner cutting during the race, and he wasn't being penalized. I'm very familiar with the nurburgring track, and I couldn't come close to his time, nobody could. I tried in time trial and could only make that time up if I cut the last handful of corners, but my times obviously weren't official.

My driver rating is currently S. It bounces between S-A.

JayOTT asked what your SR was, not your DR.

The online experience in Sport is the worst I have ever experienced, it literally ruins the game! Which is quite sad considering it was kind of designed around it.

The lobbies are fine, had some good fun races in there, but Sport mode is pathetic unless you are crap, or an utter freak.

If you are fair to middling you will be penalised, rammed, chucked all over the grids to make sure you cant progress your ranking.

It's a woeful system, I played it online for a month and just gave up. Never tried it again.

I've done over 300 Sport mode races and reckon about 75% of those have been OK in my opinion. Yes there are always some losers who seem to want to divebomb all over the show, but I've had loads of races where the opponents have actually raced like you would expect. My DR level is around high C / low B with my SR mostly at S (currently running B / S), so I would have to disagree that you can't progress your ranking, otherwise I'd still be stuck at E /E, lol.

Admittedly the best way to play is in lobby races as part of a league (I'm in 2 different weekly leagues) and the races are as good as anything I've experienced in other online race titles, console or PC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back