Thinking of buying Thrustmaster T500 RS and Ferrari F1 Wheel

I messed my G25 wheel up about a year ago after fitting a spare momo wheel to the G25 base so I had to dig out my old black momo and have been using that and the G25 pedals since, so it's time for an upgrade and I can just about afford to buy a T500 RS and the Ferrari wheel which will soon have a Williams logo printed and put over the horsey if I do get it :)

Guys who already own one what are the pro's and con's, what are the pedals like in operation and is the Ferrari wheel worth it, I just found out that the rotary switches in the centre of the wheel are fake but that doesn't put me off getting it.

PS on the Ferrari wheel is the rotary switch in the very centre the one with horsey on it also fake ?

I can only tell you that the one in the middle is fake as well. I personally think it is great to have more buttons on the wheel. Always makes things easier.
As far as I know @Matt Sentell uses a T500 with the Ferrari Rim, so he might can give you more information.
A big benefit for sure is the noise level compared to a G25, the higher forces and the smoother steering, but when I switched from a G25 to a belt driven wheel it took me a few hours to get back up to speed and still I find slow speed corners a bit harder to master, but therefore fast corners are easier.

Upvote 0
I've ordered the F1 wheel and will order the T500 next week when my bank account is replenished, wont have it for the 2nd FR3.5 test race but will for the first race of the season, thanks for the info Frederic.

Upvote 0
I switched from g27 to t500 with f1 rim around 18 months ago. Its night and day as far as im concerned. I love the t500. Dont forget to get yourself a basherboard brake mod too. Cheap as you like but very effective.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back