The weird Assetto Corsa bug wasn't solved with complete reinstallation.

(19/06/2022 #1 edit) - My PC was off overnight, and when I got back to the game today, it was working again.... Yesterday, not even multiple resets/complete power cycles it would work.

Guess the game didn't want to work because yes.

Start of the original post.

I only use my computer at weekends. Today when I first started the game, I was greeted by this:

File 1

The camera is flying and spinning. Can't see my car.

When I hit drive, I can only see a black screen and the UI. The car is out of fuel (it has fuel on settings) and reverse gear is engaged always.

File 2

None of the controls work. None of the cameras that focus on the car works.
I can cycle only through track cameras.

The game is not frozen. I can use apps and move them over the screen and etc.
This happens with any track, any car.

Here is a video of what the pits cam looks like

What I have done:

Roll back t CSP 1.78 ;
Removed CSP ;
Reset CM configurations ;
"Uninstalled" CM ;
Reset Assetto configurations (deleted documents/assetto corsa) ;
Uninstalled Assetto Corsa (and reinstalled), deleted documents/assetto corsa again, and appdata/ac tools[...] ;
Uninstalled Assetto Corsa (again) with Revo uninstaller, deleting every file related to the game, and every registry entry related to the game. ;

I really rather not format my PC.

My hardware is an r7 5800x + rtx 3080, and every other game works fine.

Attachments

• FIle 1.jpeg
    FIle 1.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 130
  • File 2.jpeg
    File 2.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 105
  • File 2.jpeg
    File 2.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Is this the Game or mod issue? Never seen any AC Game issue like this but a lot of mod issues.

Btw, I tried CSP one time and then removed immediately, it ruined my Game then, I'm glad I don't need it.

I doubt that anyone knows what that is but there are these things that I would try:
- unplug all usb devices apart from your mouse (so you can start the game).
Sometimes there's a conflict with usb devices like Xbox gamepad + wheel and then windows behaves like one of the joysticks would be fully to one side, making cameras spin and menus constantly scrolling etc.

- check the AC controls settings. Maybe you've set something for camera turning?

- use stock content. Like Spa with the BMW z4 gt3. Maybe it's an issue of one of your mods

From my knowledge this is either:
- a bad mod (car or track) that has bugs
- controls config
- controls bug (too many usb devices)
- camera mod

I doubt that anyone knows what that is but there are these things that I would try:
- unplug all usb devices apart from your mouse (so you can start the game).
Sometimes there's a conflict with usb devices like Xbox gamepad + wheel and then windows behaves like one of the joysticks would be fully to one side, making cameras spin and menus constantly scrolling etc.

- check the AC controls settings. Maybe you've set something for camera turning?

- use stock content. Like Spa with the BMW z4 gt3. Maybe it's an issue of one of your mods

From my knowledge this is either:
- a bad mod (car or track) that has bugs
- controls config
- controls bug (too many usb devices)
- camera mod
I had all of this ruled out as the cause (completely uninstalled the game, removing all mods and etc, deleted all folders and configs). Actually, I still don't know what was the problem, but overnight, it solved itself (????). When I turned the PC on again today, the game was fine....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.