The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

I got some good news today. I believe I mentioned....somewhere(?) that my dad's GT-Four's timing belt broke and may have caused damage to the valves. Each valve is about £25 and there's 16 of them in the engine. My dad was told that the car wouldn't be fixed to sometime this week if any of the valves are damaged.

On Friday my dad got a call to say that they got the timing belt installed and that the car was started up instantly and was sitting outside idling. It does however need a new water pump and some oil but that's no biggy.

How lucky is that? lol. Apparently the way the 3SGTE engine is built, there's very little chance of damage to the valves. My dad's mechanic said that the same thing happened to a MR2 Turbo the had one time and there was no valve damage either.

Ohh.. and one more thing. You know how Toyota recalled loads of cars because the accelerator pedals got stuck on the mats? Yeah.. the mats are exactly the same in my dad's GT-Four, so that means they've been doing it since 1995 and yet it wasn't a huge problem then.. was it? I think so many drivers have so little common sense these days lol

I
How lucky is that? lol. Apparently the way the 3SGTE engine is built, there's very little chance of damage to the valves. My dad's mechanic said that the same thing happened to a MR2 Turbo the had one time and there was no valve damage either.
Toyota%203SGTE%20-%204MKRY9630.jpg

pistons whit valve slot.
i broke timing belt at mazda and no damage in engine too

I see what you mean, I would rather a manual than a DSG, but the DSG is ultimately "better" at this current time. It's definitely faster anyway.

Yep, the DSG is ultimately better if you are looking purely empirically.

But for road cars many nice things are subjective :)

I'm glad I got a manual Z4 rather than an SMG anyway. If I wanted an automatic style car I'd have got a full-auto I think :D

Dave

Well pulled out my parent's old snapper mower today, to get it ready to take to my sister's new house so they have a lawn mower, checked the spark, didn't see any. so tore off the flywheel and got to the points and condenser (this mower is from 1982 if your wondering). and cleaned the points and condenser put it all back together. checked for spark again, didn't see a thing. then for the helk of it dumped some gas in the tank tilted it so gas collected near the carb (learned that from davidsfarm) and it fired right up first pull. too bad I forgot to secure down the speed control cable, so it ran at one speed only, after shutting it down and securing the cable down again. 4th pull it started and ran, ok. had no top end power at all though. and at one point my dad made the comment "sounds like an old tractor" because it was chugging and barely running (no black smoke that i could see though). so tomorrow I'll tune the carb. and it should be good as new.

amazing that a mower that was put away probably more than 5 years ago. still had clean oil, and just a simple cleaning of the points and away it went (not well but it went).

So now I'm wearing my Perfume de gasolin' cologne (aka I smell like gas) lmao xD

My god this is depressing. I missed my flight to N.I on Sunday. So I got a transfer to today. I missed it aswell. I can't get another transfer so I had to get another ticket. £103... for a ticket from Stansted to Belfast. Ridiculous.

If this happened in N.I I would have got a free transfer in the first place. (and trust me, it happened once before when there was a problem with security and we didn't get through in time)

Well pulled out my parent's old snapper mower today, to get it ready to take to my sister's new house so they have a lawn mower, checked the spark, didn't see any. so tore off the flywheel and got to the points and condenser (this mower is from 1982 if your wondering). and cleaned the points and condenser put it all back together. checked for spark again, didn't see a thing. then for the helk of it dumped some gas in the tank tilted it so gas collected near the carb (learned that from davidsfarm) and it fired right up first pull. too bad I forgot to secure down the speed control cable, so it ran at one speed only, after shutting it down and securing the cable down again. 4th pull it started and ran, ok. had no top end power at all though. and at one point my dad made the comment "sounds like an old tractor" because it was chugging and barely running (no black smoke that i could see though). so tomorrow I'll tune the carb. and it should be good as new.

amazing that a mower that was put away probably more than 5 years ago. still had clean oil, and just a simple cleaning of the points and away it went (not well but it went).

So now I'm wearing my Perfume de gasolin' cologne (aka I smell like gas) lmao xD

Did something similar with an old whipper snipper we've had laying in storage for about 5 years.
No dice but had a fiddle and got it working like new again. Good stuff.
My plan was to make a little go-kart out of it but decided I'd save for a roadbike engine.

If I do decide to go through with that I'll start a new thread for the interested.

the honda jazz with 4 nice girls did a prohibited conversion, and the skyline was too fast, he tried to avoid the colision direct into the jazz (it would kill everybody), so he got only the front of the honda, and understeered to the light pole. THe owner has his own stock car team, porsche collection, top fuel dragster +4000hp, and he is the owner of Flash power (house of powered engines). The R35 had a 700hp kit.

Next month it will be on the streets again, no worries ;)

I don't like the GT-R very much tough. For the same price I would buy a Corvette or a Mustang GT and then stick the Roush kit to it. Or buy a Mustang GT and then spent some nice vacations in Australia eheh

Yeah, I like V8's...

Rich boys and their "way-too-sweet" rich boy toys. You know he'll recycle this one and start over with a new one....like a can of pop these are....thanks Yoda...indeed! lol!
in reference to the smashed up "beautiful beast"-as called by some :) Nissan car.

Also, buying a Mustang GT and going to Australia are great things to do if you were rich.....but going to Australia and taking the Mustang GT with you...now that's a good time! (like cheese pizza-its' a good time).

You don't have to be rich to buy a Mustang (in North-America a least)! Especially a used one. Altough here they sell '05 V6 at about 35.000US$, now that's ridiculous!

And they if I were to have vacations at Australia I would rent there a Monaro or Commodore, the spicy versions off course :p

@splashonda, where I live they are $35000.00- and that is alot of grickels...aka dollars. Going to Australia is another $3500.00 one way-est amt.. plus the accomidations.
But it is nice to dream!

You're talking about the Mustang GT Premium right? I would choose the normal GT. It already has all the features you could possibly need, and it's 5000US$ cheaper! But still, when you have a V6 with 306hp for 22.145US$... It already packs real punch for you buck! :p

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/models/

Then you have the used cars market, where for the price of a brand new Mustang you could buy a mint 60's one... and I would choose that option, especially if it is a 64-66 Convertible :p

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%