AMS2 The Great Race: Bathurst 1 hour, V8 Supercars, Wednesday 4th October 2023.

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I'll be going on early to sort out a set up if any one wants to join and practice - there were a few on yesterday and some of the laptimes were seriously fast.
Also, there are plenty of skins, so if everyone could choose a unique skin for the race that'd be cool.

I'll take the Mobil 1 Appliances Online car. There are even yellow cars for people that have taken a knock to the head and like such things.

ams2.jpg

Thanks for the event, awesome combo, i had so much fun.
Congrats to the winner and podium, outstanding pace in front.

I made a mistake at the start when i forgot to add the racefuel. Also i went for the hard tyres what was totally wrong i saw later. Had to pit for the racefuel after 3-4 laps and made another mistake by not changing to soft tyres. So i had a long 2nd stint until 16min before the end where i made the 2nd stop for a bit of fuel and fresh soft tyres.

But i really enjoyed the race, nice and fair driving, thank you all!

Really enjoyed my first RD race. Great race there Steve, I was lucky to get back past and lucky you spun a corner before i also spun on the penultimate lap. Looking forward to many more races here.

(Just had a look at the Wiki page for the real 2022 race and the fastest practice laps were 2:04's so I guess the AMS2 cars are pretty accurate)

Last edited:
That was great, finally a race with good attendance :)

When I entered the server I saw steve rocking 2:04's and knew I had to step up since my fastest lap until then was a 2:06. So I edited the setup for more front end and also figured out the car and track more and eventually got down into the competitive times.

Qually went well although I was slightly dissapointed to see Steve go faster, so I knew I had the work cut out for me in the race.

In the race me and Steve was near eachother most of the race, both making small mistakes here and there, even after the pitstops we were near. Then I hit a backmarker at the top of the mountain (sorry again) which gave steve a 6-7 second lead. I managed to claw away until I was near his rear end again when he came on the radio to announce he didnt have enough fuel.
It was an anticlimatic end to an otherwise great battle in a hard to drive car :)

I had a coolant leak and then the engine went bang. I suspect the coolant system got damaged in a spin at turn 1. It's a fun sort of failure all in all, not just some random ticker that goes to 100% but a chain of actions > consequences. Shame I missed most of the race though.

Yeah, this is mechanical damage in action. It's not random - though there is an actual setting for that - it has to be induced. Usually for me, it's redlining downchanges in H pattern cars and blowing engines. I think you may have had your radiator too closed off or damaged. If you go above about 130 degrees in the engine temp this leak will begin to appear and then it goes boom.

Had a lot of fun and it was a great race. Thanks for the event! Hopefully next time i will make less mistakes.

Looking forward for another v8 race :whistling:

@Jan: what do you mean with more Front end? (Hopefully this is not a stupid question)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 5.9%