AC Modding Questions Thread

I've always done fuel economy by doing 100km/h runs, finding where the rpm+throttle sits and then using published highway MPG. I think after that, fuel consumption at track-day speeds is down to how much more the engine's got in it... if it's taking 80% throttle and max revs to stay at 100km/h then it can only burn so much more fuel by running full throttle, if it's got highway economy gears that it can idle at 100km/h (like C7 corvette) then it'll drop to 2mpg on a racetrack.

I've always done fuel economy by doing 100km/h runs, finding where the rpm+throttle sits and then using published highway MPG. I think after that, fuel consumption at track-day speeds is down to how much more the engine's got in it... if it's taking 80% throttle and max revs to stay at 100km/h then it can only burn so much more fuel by running full throttle, if it's got highway economy gears that it can idle at 100km/h (like C7 corvette) then it'll drop to 2mpg on a racetrack.
Really, the best way is to calculate fuel flow from estimated thermal efficiency, power, and the LHV of the fuel. That can then be converted into the AC formula (works best when the rev limit is close to the maximum power since AC can't do non-linear fuel flow).

And if the maximum fuel flow is in the regulations (e.g. LMP1 and F1), you can just use that.

I'm trying to learn how to make skinning templates with CM. So I render AO and save it, then save wireframe and make it a layer, no problem. Question is, how do I make the AO into an AO layer? So I can paint on layers below the AO layer, while keeping AO. Now it just blocks everything from layers below it and the result is an all white texture

I'm trying to learn how to make skinning templates with CM. So I render AO and save it, then save wireframe and make it a layer, no problem. Question is, how do I make the AO into an AO layer? So I can paint on layers below the AO layer, while keeping AO. Now it just blocks everything from layers below it and the result is an all white texture
change layer mode from Normal to Multiplication

Normally you want AO layer blend set to "multiply", but you can also do it the other way around - ao at the bottom of the list, paint on layers above it set to "multiply"

@Hoksu , not sure what option it is :(

---------------

Question regarding ksEditor and immense time of importing a FBX !
We are talking solid 10 minutes of import, and i have a rather fast computer (i7 6700)
the fbx is about 50 objects, total of 1.4 millions polygons.
Weirdly enough, it takes few seconds for something different with similar polycount.

Any of you experienced similar issue ?

I only ever get load times like that when one of the objects has exceeded the poly count; but then you get the error message afterwards.

No missing textures? Or .jpg textures?

@Hoksu , not sure what option it is :(

---------------

Question regarding ksEditor and immense time of importing a FBX !
We are talking solid 10 minutes of import, and i have a rather fast computer (i7 6700)
the fbx is about 50 objects, total of 1.4 millions polygons.
Weirdly enough, it takes few seconds for something different with similar polycount.

Any of you experienced similar issue ?

Total long shot, but what is the comparative file sizes of the two different FBX files? Completely different program, I know, but Solidworks used to have an issue where the filesize of a part file would spontaneously increase exponentially. You'd be working on a part, save it and it would be X MB in size, do a few more simple features and save it again and suddenly it's 22X MB. That caused all manner of memory issues trying to work on the file after that. Only workaround is to go back to the older file, or weirdly, saving the large file on a different computer fixed it.

But long story short, that kind of thing caused all kinds of issues in the past, and I've heard of similar things in other 3D packages as well.

In blender the main culprit of that is exporting animations by accident, if you're not trying to generate a ksanim file you should have animations turned off (and only export the actual animated empties for ksanim, not the entire vehicle) Exporting with animations takes about 100x as long and takes longer to import too and adds nothing of use.

thanks for the hints
older versions of 3Dsmax had this incremental on saving i think they fixed it because i never experienced it again.
Version 2014 had something different, with a fixed size sometimes up to 60mo even if nothing in the scene.
Starting with 2016 version they fixed it and often i was opening in 2016 saving as 2014... annoying but solving some issues.

Now we have 2017 at the office, i took everything with me and just tried at work, + i have an AMD ryzen processor, but makes no difference.

Textures are DDS, only one used actually, 2048, nothing fancy, animation unchecked...

ksEditor works in mysterious ways :roflmao:
just makes you wanna be sure to check everything twice before exporting!

Hey all. I have some mod cars that are doing the old "pitting three laps into the race" thing. I've checked the car.ini and made sure they have enough fuel. If I turn off fuel usage and tire wear they don't pit, I turn it back on and they do. I've tested it on multiple tracks, mod and stock, same behavior - so I know it's the cars. Any other hints?

Hey all. I have some mod cars that are doing the old "pitting three laps into the race" thing. I've checked the car.ini and made sure they have enough fuel. If I turn off fuel usage and tire wear they don't pit, I turn it back on and they do. I've tested it on multiple tracks, mod and stock, same behavior - so I know it's the cars. Any other hints?
look towards fuel_cons.ini
they added the file at some point in the development of the game

Hey, thanks for the tip. Each car has that file, so unless that needs to match with a number in another file, I'm stumped.

what mode are you in? If its CMs "Trackday" it may be the typical qualifying behaviour of making one timed lap.

how much fuel do they each start with?

what mode are you in? If its CMs "Trackday" it may be the typical qualifying behaviour of making one timed lap.

how much fuel do they each start with?

I tested in Quick Race mode - 5 laps, around the Jerez mod available here and on the stock Monza track. car.ini shows each car starting with 30l / 100l. The cars consistently pit on lap 3 of a 5 lap race, but it's not all the cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back