The current sound is the best the f1 has ever had. change my mind

Formula e is a concept that will replace F1. People don't believe it will happen but i think it will. The cars will spin around road courses in a gentle buzz sound like a Radio Car.
Replace... nah, F1 will gravitate closer to that system but stop short of full electrification.
Electric is the wrong way to go and the industry knows it, it's wasteful and harmful to the environment, just like diesel it's a stopgap until the world can make Hydrogen economically feasible, in the meantime Vettel's "race without a trace" should provide will provide noise without nonsense.
All we need is the bean counters and the tree huggers to agree on the way forward, and I'll say it again... it ain't electric.

perhaps the right word is not "replace"... rather "merge", both concepts (powerful cars, powerful engines, coupled with high energy efficiency)
...but what must remain unchanged is the concept of "brutal" (noises, fast, "they are the most...", "the best...")

The cars will spin around road courses in a gentle buzz sound like a Radio Car.

They are nearing that now. The cars are too adjustable on the fly, the steering wheels resemble a jet fighter cockpit. It will reach a point the driver is no longer capable of making all those adjustments quickly enough, then it's just a matter of replacing the driver with an onboard computer. Have a computer program for each track, a wire embedded in each track delineating the optimum line, and the computer controls the torque of the electric motor, adjusts the suspension, adjusts the wings, adjusts the ride height, adjusts the brake balance, etc. etc. etc. for every section of track, while simultaneously being perfectly aware of the position and movement of every other car ...the perfect driver.

For a technophile this would be fascinating; for a race fan it would be a dreary bore.

But this would make a true "manufacturers' championship". Consider - for a drivers' championship you want a spec series, all identical cars so it is the driver ability making the difference; but for a manufacturer championship you want identical drivers so it is the car that makes the difference. So ...an autonomous F1 series?

the concept of "brutal"

Much of the appeal of auto racing is a visceral experience. I've not been a NASCARE fan for many years, but stand trackside when thirty 6L V-8s with open pipes go by and you literally feel it; trackside at an F1 race it's like a can of angry bees zipping by.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back