The Crazy Russians did it...997 GT3 RSR and COTA

Hi slightly new to the forums as I just recently got AC. Used to play GTR2 and Race07 alot back in the day...more recently GT5 and GT6.

Did anyone see this!!! Released yesterday!!!

I'm in the process of checking it out...

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

<Mod Edit: Link removed for breach of terms of service>
  • Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be better to stop discussing this, it will go on forever. Some love it, some hate it. It is up to yourself whether you download it or not.

This surely won't be the first conversion, also not the last. As a community we can't be on the same wavelength all the time. Lets accept that and move on.

Well darn. Don't care much for Subaru anything.
But as soon as I learn how to convert cars or at least import/export properly for AC, I'm gonna have a full line-up of F-Bodies. And a '68 Chevelle. I wonder how difficult it would be to port cars over to pCars? That and AC are the two top driving/race sims. Unfortunately, I have to wait 'til November to play pCars though. :(

Mods for Pcars is impossible, they don't allow modding.
Shift and Shift 2 weren't exactly designed to be moddable, but we all know how that turned out.

My guess is: pCARS uses a file structure similar to S2U, but probably packed in an archive more securely :D so it's up to the modders to find a way to UNpack the "meat" and start modding stuff :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hopefully we'll be able to at least put more cars in it. I hate it when "street cars" are put in games but all they give you is something stupid like a rustang or a focus. That's like saying "Oh hey I know let's put a frickin' geo metro in this awesome racing game"

I might buy pcars one day, because it has quite a lot of features. but raceroom? Never!
I don't know why simbin went this route, their game physics are the absolute worst now, and the business model is pretty bad.
Those who like arcade play grid, nfs etc. Those who like simracing play ac, rf2, rf1 etc.
RRE lacks a category, not 100% arcade, but not an in depth sim as well.

Well your in for a shock after the last R3E update the sim has defiantly turned a big corner in it's FFB and feel on the road... its not rf2 standard, but it very good :)
And there is another patch on its way.
I'm Really impressed with the route its taking now.

PCars could be the dark horse that shocks us all. if it drives half as good as it looks, i will be buying in to it at some point.

its funny, re pcars. im expecting it to be a competent sim. combined with the graphics & "sixty tracks" (scare quotes bc no idea how theyre counting them), plus a car list that, from what i know of it, definitely seems up my alley, it'll definitely be an (somewhat abashed, b/c i'm against it in theory) pre-order for me.

i think it will only surprise the people for whom anything less than (perhaps one of) iracing/assetto corsa/rfactor2 or w/e will do, & everything else feels (or, my favorite, 'is') wrong. ive always looked at that as a pretty small percentage but perhaps its not so...at any rate empty box did what i think is certainly the best vid we'll see on it till release, at very least --
. he compares it to gtr2 level physics. i guess that'll be a slam to some but i bought gtr2 &, while tbh ive really not driven any of the actual cares, i know the power & glory mod (the reason i bought it) could only be described as 'sim' to me, & a good one at that.

never expected it to be competing on the physics front with the 3 mentioned; but if its competent & the ffb is competent im quite sure ill happy with it. jnm

My guess is: pCARS uses a file structure similar to S2U, but probably packed in an archive more securely :D so it's up to the modders to find a way to UNpack the "meat" and start modding stuff :whistling:

Unpacking isnt the problem... And its already been done, quite a while ago actually :) (ive seen a few Pcars models appear on a couple of websites) The problem is getting them Repacked and back into the game. It was the same with AC, there have been Unpack scripts to the car and track models since the game first come out. But the big hurdle had always been "how do we get modified stuff back into the game" But then kunos gave us the tools to do that. Although it seems just as hard trying to get a car into the game even when you are given the tools and instructions :D

its funny, re pcars. im expecting it to be a competent sim. combined with the graphics & "sixty tracks" (scare quotes bc no idea how theyre counting them), plus a car list that, from what i know of it, definitely seems up my alley, it'll definitely be an (somewhat abashed, b/c i'm against it in theory) pre-order for me.

i think it will only surprise the people for whom anything less than (perhaps one of) iracing/assetto corsa/rfactor2 or w/e will do, & everything else feels (or, my favorite, 'is') wrong. ive always looked at that as a pretty small percentage but perhaps its not so...at any rate empty box did what i think is certainly the best vid we'll see on it till release, at very least --
. he compares it to gtr2 level physics. i guess that'll be a slam to some but i bought gtr2 &, while tbh ive really not driven any of the actual cares, i know the power & glory mod (the reason i bought it) could only be described as 'sim' to me, & a good one at that.

never expected it to be competing on the physics front with the 3 mentioned; but if its competent & the ffb is competent im quite sure ill happy with it. jnm

When I listen to that guy talk I feel like throwing my pc out of the window.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.