The Crazy Russians did it...997 GT3 RSR and COTA

Hi slightly new to the forums as I just recently got AC. Used to play GTR2 and Race07 alot back in the day...more recently GT5 and GT6.

Did anyone see this!!! Released yesterday!!!

I'm in the process of checking it out...

Porsche 997 GT3 RSR

<Mod Edit: Link removed for breach of terms of service>
  • Do not hotlink, post, attach, or upload other peoples content unless you have permission to do so. See our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Won't happen, as said a page back.

2) True, this car is ripped from Forza. But is that something new?
I've seen those for years already. Better get used to the fact they will appear on the internet now and then.
Also this one is far from shitty and crap, only physics are a bit wonky at times. No graphical glitches, reasonable sounds and working lights. The guy who converted this posted an update with physics improvements as well.

To be clear: I prefer scratch content as well (Alan W. Shinka is doing a very nice job here). But for me this is a nice placeholder until something scratch appears.
So you download this illegal conversions? All clear, bro.

Wrong, I do support all the people making scratch content. Even if it looks worse than an illegal conversion. But I do like this conversion and I won't lie about it.

I will only use conversions if there is no scratch made alternative. I thought Mclarenf1papa was going to create a pretty much similar Porsche with his team, the 991 if I am not mistaken. As soon as that is out I will ditch this one.

Last edited:
Wrong, I do support all the people making scratch content. Even if it looks worse than an illegal conversion. But I do like this conversion and I won't lie about it.

I will only use conversions if there is no scratch made alternative. I thought Mclarenf1papa was going to create a pretty much similar Porsche with his team, the 991 if I am not mistaken. As soon as that is out I will ditch this one.

Mod eddit: Stop trying to provoke an answer that may get guys in to trouble in the forum.

We have all been guilty of doing something at some point in time in our lives that is wrong or illegal.
So please all stop taking the high moral ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably part of the reason Codemasters went to low res or non existent interiors (no cockpit cam). A combination of their models ending up in other titles.....plus pure saves time on doing the full hi poly version for each car. :roflmao:

Maybe that's why someone converted the Porsche, because there was a big hole in the current car list until someone makes a scratch version. It's just a placeholder, similar to how many mods in the early days of rFactor were conversions.

Maybe they also didn't expect the "crazy Russians" to upload a video of their conversion along with download links to a version with half-done physics and would have preferred to keep it amongst private communities.

Maybe that's why someone converted the Porsche, because there was a big hole in the current car list until someone makes a scratch version. It's just a placeholder, similar to how many mods in the early days of rFactor were conversions.

Maybe they also didn't expect the "crazy Russians" to upload a video of their conversion along with download links to a version with half-done physics and would have preferred to keep it amongst private communities.

That's my thought.

On a different note, I'll have dozens of photos from the paddock come September, message me or let me know if you need certain view perspectives. I'll also get interior shots if the teams are cool with it (don't see why they wouldn't be). These will be shots of both 991 and 997 if needed. Can also get Cup cars as they will be competing as well. This will be for the TUDOR race and the Lonestar Le Mans at COTA.

That's my thought.

On a different note, I'll have dozens of photos from the paddock come September, message me or let me know if you need certain view perspectives. I'll also get interior shots if the teams are cool with it (don't see why they wouldn't be). These will be shots of both 991 and 997 if needed. Can also get Cup cars as they will be competing as well. This will be for the TUDOR race and the Lonestar Le Mans at COTA.
991 cup, GTA, and RSR will be made by the IER modding group, so feel free to send pics to us :)

No problem I'll try to get as many as you need! Side, Front, Etc (can't promise top though...lol).

Let me know if you need any other cars I can get shots of. I'll be in the paddock area so I'll get to see plenty like last year's ALMS race.

Some of these were done from my iPad since I ran out of power on my phone and didn't have a good camera (went with the divorce), but at least you can see what I can get:

733865_10151860624574694_1523059947_n.jpg

1394187_10151860624339694_245797737_n.jpg

1385186_10151860624209694_462870884_n.jpg

1264022_10151822945199694_1387688299_o.jpg

1094467_10151822324864694_911346184_o.jpg

(Edit: added photos)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 950

991 cup, GTA, and RSR will be made by the IER modding group, so feel free to send pics to us :)
Wow that's great, hope you can help me too in making the GT3R too. :D
(I did have loads of GT3R high-res, most are that car on previous page as some Japanese fans took tons of photos of that.)

GT3R? Looks like they only run those in the Pirelli World Challenge. Unfortunately they are skipping COTA this year since I think they ran when the Super V8's came here last April.

I don't see any in TUDOR or WEC since it's a sprint and not endurance format. Sorry :( I'll see what I can do in the interim...

Here's some pics from EFFORT Racing they have a GT3R they field in the PWC:

http://www.effortracing.com/gallery/photos/road-america-2014/

I know this question is really provoking and i may earn a lot of flaming but I have to ask if RD is supporting illegal conversions or why can they be downloaded from your site?

The reason it's provoking flaming is the careless use of the word illegal. It's by no means illegal.

PSA here:

I'd ask everyone to take a step back and understand there's nothing illegal with copying content. It's when you use that IP for profit then it crosses into illicit territory.

So please do us all a favor and stop calling it illegal. It might be immoral, shady, cut-up, dark, etc etc....synonyms galore, but not illegal. That's what get's people in a pissing match.

RD doesn't support those unless told therefore then it's investigated evidently...that is their rules and if you really spent 5 min thinking about it then an emotional response you would see that it's really the most efficient way to go. These people are not paid by the hour, analysis or content, so in turn this is done by a volunteer role. If you ever fulfilled a role as a volunteer, volunteer admin, or any pursuit you would know how tiresome it can and would be analyzing every submittal and thereof.

This is a free forum and download section, you are not charged for any downloads or to post,
Everybody that posts a message or uploads content is responsible for their content.
and any subsequent legal action taken against them for what they post or upload is done so with our cooperation, we hide nothing when asked by the correct authorities.

We only host it. And by operating this way we are in no way responsible for it.
We use a terms of service and in that there is a Cease and Desist.

This is the best way forward for a site this large using volunteer staff,
It allows us to concentrate on the race clubs and provide great racing for all.
in the past few days i must of spent 5 hours alone just on this one topic.
time that could be spent in the racing club,
But no, ive spent it going over that same stuff over and over again. As certain members not seeming to listen to a single word that was posted by the staff. thinking they know it all and just mouthing off..

We have noted the threads and names and now know you all know how the site works.
So there is no need for this to happen again, Because the next time its will fall into the category of trolling and harassment. We do have rules about that.

Downloads may be deleted by the moderators if the request is in accordance with our rules. But the threads will not be and maybe used as a reference in the future.

I thank you all for you time in reading this.

Rupe

Listen to Rupe, he has ACTUALLY sponsored modding, without him for ex Cicada would've never been released. Probably Alpine Hills either. So you can trust his judgement. The RD mods can't be everywhere and see everything, Content uploading is basically anonymous so report the content you want removed or checked specifically to them and they'll see check it, case-by-case basis. This is still a free site so co-operate, collaborate with the staff and they WILL reward you. I've done co-operation with RD for years and it has been beneficial for both.

Rupe is right, we have clear guidelines and a clear code of conduct we adhere to.

We are aware of the buzz around this kind of material, we take this seriously and are monitoring it.

I want to remind you all to keep discussions about this civil and well-mannered.

[...] The RD mods can't be everywhere and see everything, Content uploading is basically anonymous [...]
Especially with the growth of the Staff as of Wednesday we do watch the site carefully.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back