The cheapest button-box you can get – wired, wireless or Bluetooth numpad?

OK, I've thought about possible stuff changes in the feature (new pedals?) and decided to buy USB 3.0 with optional powering.
Hope this one will be OK, since it has longer cable, flat case (easy to mount anywhere) and no negative reviews on Amazon, because it's not available there in my country :p

Last edited:
I use two powered USB3 hubs and everything is plugged into those. It means I have just two USB cables, network and monitors plugged onto the PC.
Not noticed any issues with that setup.
Basically that means I can unplug two cables and move the complete rig away from the stand that has the PC and four monitors mounted on it.

I have this one and everything plugged into it (steering wheel's base, pedals, shifter, seat mover, several button boxes, handbrake, fans controllers, mouse, etc. I only had problems with it once and it was the USB cable from the computer. I replaced it and problem solved.

OK guys.

You may take this post as a joke, and in part it is a joke indeed - on message board where half of the users own sim rigs worth tens of thousands of dollars it can't be different. :)

But in the same time I think it's not a terrible idea to show something what casual players, not so much devoted to sim-racing and not so skilled, can use... at least I'm planning to use. ;)

I admit that I'm quite happy with what I was able to achieve without any tools (except one ring wrench, one screwdriver and one allen wrench), by assembling a few flat and angle bars together using some screws, nuts, washers and a piece of duble-side 3M tape. Honestly, I'm extremely lucky that all these basic, non-custom parts found in the nearest DIY store (and one cheapest magnetic phone holder from Amazon) suit so well to my "project" (what an exaggeration!) and their dimensions fit perfectly. And thank god that my wheel-stand mounting plate had some free space to RIG everything!

I was a bit afraid that really stiff and thick USB hub cable would ruin all my plan, but fortunately it folds in the correct direction to plug it into my PC's front panel socket. (what a relief!).

Oh, and do you all see that intricate, elegant cable management? :p

OK, no more jokes, I'm really pleased with what I've managed to do with such a low budget and low expectations.
3JMcPhW.jpg
5VKg7S1.jpg
jnU9Ptx.jpg
pm0Bume.jpg
LQxtpHf.jpg
j3RGrtt.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you @Herr Pietrus as I get just as much fun from making stuff as a DIY project as from using the sim.
So a wooden "Deathmoblie" rig which I can adapt to fit anything I want.
There's an undeniable pleasure to be gained from figuring out how to get something to work and building it yourself.

I think I'm not that kind of person... but yeah, I admit that I felt some satisfaction - partly because I was extremely lucky to find all these parts, but partly because I think it really fits my budget wheel, it's quite neat, cheap, works with most games (as far as I can see) and I was able to assemble it without drilling and tapping the holes, cutting metal bars etc. - I would have no way to do it.

BTW - magnet holds the numpad quite nice (it's really lightweight), but it's still too easy to decouple keyboard from the holder unintentionally hitting it, so I think I'll use some tape (perhaps thicker metal sticker would help, but don't have such one).

And I'm glad I've found that A4Tech numpad - it makes really good impression.
I've thought about sticking some labels or simply piece of colored paper to the buttons (perhaps also some washers on top of them, so that I could be able to distinguish the rows without looking), but I think it looks better without such cheap tuning :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea