Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Some words from Karl Gosling about the new compact Champion GT kit:

Just to correct a comment he made, you CAN use a second Champion GT kit set as "slave", obviously with actuators fitted for TL and Surge mechanically, but it will show up in SRS as a single controller with 8 actuators!!! Or a Thanos4U controller with regular AASD-15A servos etc, so yes, there is upgrade path...

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Just a note about the increased shipping fees for DHL on Thanos-motion website, we are working to add more shipping options on the checkout to make overseas shipping as less costly as possible. In the meantime don't hesitate to contact us directly for alternative shipping options.

Thanks
Thanos

Last edited:
Small update on this amazing project:

IMG_20230921_152354.jpg

I updated to the latest fix 5 firmware, then reset the Thanos controller 2 times after updating. This fixed the molasses AND the motion shut down issue I have been having for months.
hi... do you still have motion stop after a some time of racing?... ive got this problem too now in rfactor2... have to unplug the usb from thanos controller and replug to make it work again... the controller just suddenly brings my actuators to park postition and stops working when ingame racing...

hi... do you still have motion stop after a some time of racing?... ive got this problem too now in rfactor2... have to unplug the usb from thanos controller and replug to make it work again... the controller just suddenly brings my actuators to park postition and stops working when ingame racing...

this has fixed it (simhub comport scan)

I keep having SRS crashes with Thanos/Mega+ with iRacing. It happens every few hours. When I start SRS again after it crashed, it connects and everything is normal. There is no sound that would indicate USB disconnected.

It was reliable for over a year, but after a CPU upgrade the issues started to occur. I tried to plug the Thanos controller into different USB ports to make sure it not port specific, and I also used the recommended USB external hub without success.

Generally the configuration didn't change, using ferrite cores with all cables.

This is the windows event log:

Faulting application name: simracingstudio.exe, version: 2.30.1.0, time stamp: 0x6552bd68
Faulting module name: python311.dll, version: 3.11.6150.1013, time stamp: 0x651adaa9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000346c4
Faulting process id: 0x0x1188
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA16B74CD321B2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\SimRacingStudio 2.0\simracingstudio.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\SimRacingStudio 2.0\python311.dll
Report Id: 430be45c-7fdf-4608-a628-bb0411ae1826
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've been troubleshooting this for weeks, posting it here to see if someone might have had similar issues.

(on the latest Thanos firmware/SRS version)

Last edited:
It was reliable for over a year, but after a CPU upgrade the issues started to occur.

Sounds like problem with overclocking the motherboard and memory to match the new CPU perhaps???! Something does cause Python on your PC to crash and sounds like corrupt memory process...

Last edited:
Sounds like problem with overclocking the motherboard and memory to match the new CPU perhaps???! Something does cause Python on your PC to crash and sounds like corrupt memory process...

I did a lengthy memory test, which didn't show anything, but discovered how to make it significant worse by plugging the USB cable right in the middle of other cables, vs keep it separated on it's own USB card (lasts <10s). Looks like EMI, I'll get an additional ferrite core ring and see if I can eliminate it completely.

Last edited:
I did a lengthy memory test, which didn't show anything, but discovered how to make it significant worse by plugging the USB cable right in the middle of other cables, vs keep it separated on it's own USB card (lasts <10s). Looks like EMI, I'll get an additional ferrite core ring and see if I can eliminate it completely.
I can confirm it was EMI, ferrite core ring did the trick. No issues.

IMG_1886.jpeg

Hey Thanos - just added a DIY Surge and TL platform and I had to move my belt tensioner from port 5 to 7, per SRS software (since you can’t change their port numbering?) I need to make the jump that stops auto calibration at port 7. Just confirming Ext7 is correct?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back