Temperatures and which to take notice of...

Ok so heres the thing....

On Load

Core 1/2: 82
Core 1/1: 75
CPU: 54

Which of the three are key? average or single core temps?

I ve had some overheating issues but ive got the average to 55 ish on load but there cores can reach 80 is this normal or is my cpu shot?

Need more info. What CPU is it? You say you've gotten the temps down, does that mean extra cooling or are you adjusting voltages? And some programs report different temps. Depending on your motherboard you might get some false readings. Have you checked the temps in the BIOS if it's available?

It could need resetting. If you've been messing around in the computer and bumped the heatsink it's possible one side of the CPU has more/less contact than the other. Or it has cheap thermal paste which needs re-applying. Are you also monitoring individual core loads? I doubt your CPU is shot. Do you know much about computers? You could buy some good thermal paste and re-apply it. That's the second thing I would do. The first would be to get a screwdriver, open up CoreTemp, and slowly turn each screw on the heatsink until you start to see the temps even out. Tighten or loosen one side, then try the next side and so on.

It could need resetting. If you've been messing around in the computer and bumped the heatsink it's possible one side of the CPU has more/less contact than the other. Or it has cheap thermal paste which needs re-applying. Are you also monitoring individual core loads? I doubt your CPU is shot. Do you know much about computers? You could buy some good thermal paste and re-apply it. That's the second thing I would do. The first would be to get a screwdriver, open up CoreTemp, and slowly turn each screw on the heatsink until you start to see the temps even out. Tighten or loosen one side, then try the next side and so on.

It was working fine until the shop bent one of the cpu pins and let grease drip onto the pins during a service, I had to get it fixed a while back.

I use Arctic Silver 5 for compound.

yep as Damian sayed if the bend that pin the shop should replace the CPU atleast i would not move out of the store till they had replaced it
i mean comeone the break stuff and fix it only with make ste pin strait again ?? lol probaly that pin is the source of this totaly different temps
may 1 of the cors dont run with 100% power anymore

thats not easy to say as its a lot of personal opinion but after havin several amd systems and had
allways stability problems i got back to a full intel system and it runs way more stable but to be honest
the amd system is cheaper

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back