F1 22 Telemetry sometimes inop in online modes

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
Hello, let me start that I only recently moved away from my Logitech wheel + pedals, so I could be considered a bit of a noob here. Anywhere, here is relevant starting info:
  • Accuforce v2 wheelbase with Bluetooth button box
  • Fanatec CSL Pedals v3
  • F1 22 on Steam in Windows 10
  • Using SimCommander 4 (v4.2.91.0) and Fanalab (v1.66)
  • 1663186728659.png
  • 1663187259151.png
    • NOTE: I have indeed tried with UDP Broadcast Mode OFF as well
As stated, this is my first experience with so-called third-party FFB, where the game is not solely responsible for the FFB output.

The first, but minor, issue I experience is one that happens every time I launch the game: the telemetry format in F1 defaults to "2020" and I need to change it to "2022" for my wheel to 'feel right' (probably just because that is the setting I did the SC4 Autotuning and further custom tuning on). Not a huge deal, I can live with changing a setting every launch.

The real issue comes in that *sometimes* when joining an online mode, it will be obvious that there is no telemetry being sent from the game. It is obvious in a few ways: no vibes from the pedals, no engine RPM vibes from the wheelbase, and a very bad feeling FFB (i.e. the wheel just feels like it is trying to center itself constantly). Sometimes I can get around this basically undrivable configuration by changing the telemetry config in-game back to "2020", but this does not always work and it only is a partial solution. I have never had this issue in TimeTrials, the 2022 config always works and feels great. At the very least, I am able to rule out an issue specific to my wheel or SC4, bc the issue is apparent on the pedals as well.

I have tried to determine if there is any pattern or trigger for when the 2022 config *does* work in online modes, but nothing has made sense to me yet. I have not noticed this issue in Assetto Corsa so far (the only other game I invested time in for wheel tuning so far), and the wheel and pedals work as expected in online modes, so I suspect the issue is with F1 22. Is there a way to debug the telemetry stream from the game to figure out what might be causing it to stall? Or should I suck it up and re-tune my wheel on the 2020 config (what is the difference between the year's configs, if anyone knows?) This issue has basically stopped me from playing this game because it makes it so difficult to be consistent.

Last edited:
i had similar issues with Fanalab and had to set ports in Fanalab and the game to 20888, otherwise there were issues with it. Broadcast off, 127.0.0.1 as IP, 60Hz and 2021 or 2022 Format. I had no SimCommander running. UDP ports should be subscribed by more than one device, but it seems, this is not that stable, when 2 or more programs or devices subsribe the port. So try only Fanalab or SimCommander and try again. And u could check Anti Virus Software, maybe the port is blocked.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea