RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP
Resource icon

Apps Telemetry Application Version 10 for AC 10.5

Iko Rein

Premium
just by the package size, i can tell that this is big. ;)
next release include some pizza, too ;);)

just in case... im joking... a bit
True, it is big stuff. But big is good (I hope).

The track map files take most of the space. The old files took about 700M, now they are down to 300M. The included JRE still takes 260M, but I can take that too down to about 100M hopefully with the next release, when I will do finally my own custom JRE. So instead of taking 1G, the space needed is already down to bit under 600M and will be below 500M with next version.

And if you only use e..g ACC, then you don't need to keep the track files for other games around.

And yes, there is quite a lot of new stuff too added in, which doesn't make the size much bigger, but feature weise it is also big release.

Cheers.

Last edited:
So, I've been using this for some time - it pretty much always run when I'm driving in AC or PC2. I recently installed it on my laptop as well, hoping that I could have e.g. graphs on the laptop when racing, and race info on my secondary monitor. I know this could be achieved by resizing windows or getting another monitor, but I gotta work with what I've got.
Now, to the question... Shouldn't it be possible to have the tool running on two computers simultaneusly, recording data from one of them? Rethinking it, while writing this, I'm getting more and more convinced that I've made a mistake in the settings.
Furthermore, is the graph-layout and positioning saved to a specific file, for easy copying to another computer? Or would it be better to just copy the entire folder over?

tl;dr - Can 2 computers receive data from 1 game at the same time and is it possible to backup positioning and size of graphs?

Iko Rein

Premium
So, I've been using this for some time - it pretty much always run when I'm driving in AC or PC2. I recently installed it on my laptop as well, hoping that I could have e.g. graphs on the laptop when racing, and race info on my secondary monitor. I know this could be achieved by resizing windows or getting another monitor, but I gotta work with what I've got.
Now, to the question... Shouldn't it be possible to have the tool running on two computers simultaneusly, recording data from one of them? Rethinking it, while writing this, I'm getting more and more convinced that I've made a mistake in the settings.
Furthermore, is the graph-layout and positioning saved to a specific file, for easy copying to another computer? Or would it be better to just copy the entire folder over?

tl;dr - Can 2 computers receive data from 1 game at the same time and is it possible to backup positioning and size of graphs?
Hi,
Happy you like the Telemetry Tool.

UDP forward

It is possible to make 2 computers receive the data from one game. Just setup the UDP forwarders (under Settings --> Network settings). You can set up two different computers (or IP Addresses). This could be used e.g. UDP_1 to send data to a dash app and UDP_2 for the laptop.

Backup/move to new computer

To backup, the simplest way is to just copy all files + directories from the install.

To be more precise, this is the data you can move. Each directory has subdirectory per game.
- fastest_laps -- fastest laps
- lapdata -- has the local database + all stored lapdata
- laptimes -- race history + files containing summary data for sessions
- opponent_laps -- all saved opponent laps
- settings -- The settings

To just move your settings, you copy the settings directory. Again there are common settings (file at the root of settings directory) + per game settings (in the per game directory). The per game settings contain track positions etc + general settings.

So depending bit what you want to do, you can move all or just settings or settings + lapdata or settings + lapdata + fastest laps.

Enjoy and get faster.

Cheers.