Team ORSM

For a start, we at FVR have not made a comment here about your plans to add different cars to the current ORSM lineup to create a collection of V8 Supercar 2014 models. Yes some of our members may be a bit passionate about rfactor and the V8 Supercars and have voiced their concerns, but I do not see why FVR has to be mentioned in relation to this. Those members are also members here and I assume that they use V8FU and like to do so as well as FVR. While we are working on our own projects, and I am sure that ORSM are as well, we have not commented on ORSMs work nor will we (unless it is to partake in some good old fashioned ribbing from time to time :))

As to painting 2014 skins on ORSM model, I think that they are doing a great job personally. Look forward to seeing more. I think though that adding models from other modders opens a huge can of worms unless appropriate permissions have been obtained from all parties whose work is involved. It also flows on that some modders may then decide to stop creating new content if that practice is widely adopted. Why create new stuff if you can just grab someone else's work and use it for what you want to achieve.

I think some need to read me post more fully.

Adding models.
I'm "Not" giving permission as ORSM on this!

Personally, I don't have a issue as long as permission to use the models and sundry is obtained. Sundry: as in sounds, or your building them yourselves. Then the mod is added to the community section as a add-on, not as a continuation of the seasons ORSM provides.
As long as our cars are not edited, changed, or anything outside the agreement of use stated in the readme that came with the mod you are free to paint the cars how you like.

I'm neither supporting or giving permission to add the models. I understand why you would want to so I've suggested that the correct permission is obtained by all.

And Doug. I've read plenty of crap on your forums a lot worse then what was written here over the years about ORSM.
Like Flash is quick to point out, Remember who's forum your on.

vshb.jpg

@flash.
Your post was on as I was writing the above one. I see from your remarks that you also have mist a lot I said in that post.
If you feel that it's a waist of time to create new work, then that's up to you. Don't blame me for your own decisions.

Oh dear indeed! I would hope that everyone is playing ORSM excellent V8 Supercars Mod and if JClaude and others can create a 2014 season for this Mod, this is even better.

I just hope every takes a breath, relaxes and chills out because at the end of the day there are a lot worse things in the world to get angry and upset about then a bunch of people trying to bring some fun and excitment into V8 Supercar enthusiasts life via an Rfactor Mod.

I come here and to the FVR Forum for enjoyment and to relax and I would hope that this continues across both forums and with both mods!!!

So go for it and don't care what the FVR mob say about it. Their not in a position to comment on ORSM,s work.

Yes Doug I understood your post and your meaning. I was responding to that bit of your posting. I was just trying to ask why FVR was being bashed by others when none of the FVR core group had made comment to that point. (yes some FVR forum members may have commented, but they are also Racedepartment forum members with opinions of their own, so why was FVR singled out? ).

I have never bagged any of ORSMs work here or in our forums. I respect what you guys do, and I do use your mod from time to time. Occasionally I have responded to posts that seem inappropriate for either forum (but that has usually been at RFC :) )

thanks for the pics dogdog, this is the only trouble with the series they change there liveries more than I change my mind.
Percats car, as said above.
none of the cars in the zip are 100% complete but most are close.

Hello, first of all I apologize for having launched the debate awkwardly.
I was very hurt by the remark made by some member here and elsewhere ...
And I shall not have had to share it here.

To put the records straight, we took the decision not to continue in the immediate our work on our mod.
But do not give much for the idea.

Far from us the idea of stealing whomever. We just wanted to have a V8 mod on rFactor with newer chassis. By including new models, as best we can.
And share with the community.

But given the circumstances, we shall abstain to hurt nobody.

Again sorry for everything.

Respectfully.

Jclaude.

PS :
I am dependent on online translator. I do not speak English.
And as you know, the translation is not always accurate see sometimes inverted ...
I do my best to make myself understood.
But sometimes I do not not understand the translation I get your massage.
So I apologize for that too.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back