Team ORSM

Hey terato.. From a grease monkey's perspective, this is caused by Camber on the track, and is normally countered by changing a camber, caster and toe setting to make it track correctly. this isn't always something that is replicable in a sim, but is obviously evdent from the consistent effects on 2 mods.

Hi terato. Well I can just about guaranty it's not the physics that are doing this. You suggest that both FVR and V8Factor are doing the same thing. Have you tried other mods? To be honest it sounds like a configuration problem with your controller. Or maybe a faulty controller. They don't last forever so it may be this.

I'd suggest first try re-calibrating your controller. Then try other mods on a track that you know the problem exists. Then try a fully fresh install of rFactor and recalibrate your controller to the new install. You can have more then one install of rFactor on your PC it just needs a different location. Just in case you not aware of this.

Keep us informed on how you go.

Okay, i installed v8factor 2006 1.3 in fresh rf lite, same result (i drove bathurst track), then i uninstalled it and installed fvr v8 2010 1.6D, same result (MMG Spa). I think there is nothing wrong with the keyboard, as i do not experience this problem with other mods, including other fvr mods and v8factor v1. I want to add that this pull-to-the left effect is very subtle, barely noticible (at least in v8factor v1.3, stronger in fvr) while driving long straights.

Ok well I'm not going to suggest that you set the camber & caster up to counter this. On a road car it's fine because your always on one side of the road depending on your countries rules but a race car uses all the road so when approaching a left hand corner your car will be on the right side of the track. If the camber of the road does take effect then you'll find yourself out on the grass pretty quick. Not a good thing..

Both FVR-V8's and V8Factor physics are done by two different people. It's unlikely the physics are the cause but in saying that I'm a bit stumped as to what is.

Yeah Doug62, the physics are different, but similar in one regard. When I did the FVR physics, I simulated the rear axle in a similar (but not identical :wink: ) fashion to the V8 Factor rear end (and in the only way that the rfactor software allows). As far as I could surmise, from feedback in the FVR forums, this was an offshoot of this rear end design and how it gets designed with the rfactor suspension model. While it is not noticeable when you use a wheel, it emerges when you use a keyboard (this is why I asked what terato was using). This is probably also why it emerged in V8 Factor (from ver 1.2 on) and in the current FVR mod.

:D

I have limited knowledge of the games physics so I do have a small idea on what your asking but I'd suggest a rethink on how this question is worded.

My take on it goes like this, How quickly should a tyre heat on lock-up? In this case the tyre is stationary. Not rotating on the road. The result would be a flat spot. This not being possible to replicate in rFactor a penalty should apply almost immediately. Though in real like the flat spot would be the main problem for the driver as this spot under brakes will keep wanting to stop the tyre rotation on that same spot. This will in-turn slow the driver down and be uncompetitive till the tyre was replaced in a pit-stop.

The issue here is when modders turn there heat up for penalty's for tyre friction (slippage), they then don't go and adjust the amount the tyre that can slip before they put heat into it, causing all sorts of issues.
To successfully get a penalty in there for lock up's. The game ask's for the percentage of the tyre patch that's allowed to slip before this penalty get's put into the tyre, so you have to set this number just above the percentage of the patch you want to slip for pushing at corners to make the car drivable.
Or as I do set the penalty for lock up's, then turn up the amount of the patch you will allow to slip until the cars where you want it around corners, this just doesn't happen in most mod's

Yeah Doug62, the physics are different, but similar in one regard. When I did the FVR physics, I simulated the rear axle in a similar (but not identical :wink: ) fashion to the V8 Factor rear end (and in the only way that the rfactor software allows). As far as I could surmise, from feedback in the FVR forums, this was an offshoot of this rear end design and how it gets designed with the rfactor suspension model. While it is not noticeable when you use a wheel, it emerges when you use a keyboard (this is why I asked what terato was using). This is probably also why it emerged in V8 Factor (from ver 1.2 on) and in the current FVR mod.

FlashQld it seams that both mods have a similar rear axle set up which is unique to these two only. dbens1 has said this is a known problem when using a keyboard controller. maybe a $20 USB hand control would be a better option then the keyboard?

The issue here is when modders turn there heat up for penalty's for tyre friction (slippage), they then don't go and adjust the amount the tyre that can slip before they put heat into it, causing all sorts of issues.
To successfully get a penalty in there for lock up's. The game ask's for the percentage of the tyre patch that's allowed to slip before this penalty get's put into the tyre, so you have to set this number just above the percentage of the patch you want to slip for pushing at corners to make the car drivable.
Or as I do set the penalty for lock up's, then turn up the amount of the patch you will allow to slip until the cars where you want it around corners, this just doesn't happen in most mod's

Lets not berry this. Like to see others response to it before I put my 2 cents worth to it.

FlashQld it seams that both mods have a similar rear axle set up which is unique to these two only. dbens1 has said this is a known problem when using a keyboard controller. maybe a $20 USB hand control would be a better option then the keyboard?

Actually I think that a hand controller had the same issue from memory (of course might be wrong). I think it is a digital/analogue thing based on the limitations of the rfactor physics and suspension engine. Bit of a bummer if it is :)

Yeah speaking with Terato and he is using a keyboard. Its in relation to the way the rear end is set up in both mods and I believe the Caterhams are similar. We did have a couple of users we tested with but have had no reports of issues, I'll check with them and see what the outcome was. Second suggestion, nip down to second hand shop and by a USB wheel. :) - Will post back if we get any useful feedback.

Hi Guys.

Just a minor update on the Progress. The Modellers are still progressing the cockpits, and improving the details on all aspects of the Models.

The New Control rims have been started too, and are looking a treat.

The skinners have also been working on the latest Liveries, but until the Models are 100% finished, then these will also remain as WIP.

From a game play perspective, we have been working on and testing our AI and are continually tweaking them to get them to race you as you would expect them to also.

A lot of improvements from 2006 in all aspects.
And....

We (and our Wives and Girlfriends) want it out as much as you do, so please be patient and we will be with you shortly.. Thanks for your continued support and feedback. It makes what we do worth while..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back