TC-65 Fiat 2300s Coupe @ Grand Sambuc - Tue 16th April 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 Fiat 2300s Coupe ( Download )
Track: Grand Sambuc (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 25 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 25 laps )

Note 1: Race 1 & Race 2 we will use the fiat 2300 coupe and the default skins that come with this mod please
Note 2: Unpack the mod into a folder and then click through the folder until you come to the folder fiat 2300s coupe and place this folder in the TC-65 folder which is found -\GTlegends\GameData\Teams
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4 : We run a superpole qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront
you don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action..
Note 5: Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways.Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved the overlap fairly. And The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Tim Ling
  4. Hans Sneep
  5. Neil Gault
  6. Rene van Zijp
  7. Yves Larose
  8. Paul Jones
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Jack Smith
  11. Andreas Löffler
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Well that was fun , I was a bit slow in practice, i had a good rest this afternoon and was still a bit groggy in the practice. but as soon as the race started and the light went out i was off... by the first corner i was in the lead.. all i could see behind me was a group of fiat's four abreast.. it did look good :O_o:..
i managed to keep my lead going lap after lap slowly creeping away... mind you it looked like more fun behind ... i must admit i nearly slowed a couple of times but then thought better of it and just kept it going .. its a long time since ive had a win and needed the boost.. I had a few moments but still had fun drifting and sliding the car around this track. i nearly made a mess of Paul as i was lapping him , i thought you had left the door open only to see it closing as i was going through .. i saw you made a good save from the slide ... (sorry about that.:( ..i don't know who got the bigger shock there :unsure: )
By the time the race finished i had about a 30 second lead to 2nd place.. Wow big surprise there..

So for race 2 i did not qually.. partly as punishment for the close call with Paul and also the fact i was supposed to be taking it easy with my back as its still not right and need to save it for the league..
But you know racing once the flag drops its race time and there i was again charging through the field..
Me and Yves were having great fun catching the guys ahead with Neil also just behind .. i guess we got carried away as we both had a moment and spun.. Sorry Yves i tried to miss your car as you spun..:(
thanks for the kind gesture of letting me through after we got going.:thumbsup: (that was just a racing incident no need to do that). i was quite happy to carry on where we were and try and catch the guys in front.. by this time Andreas had got by jack and made his escape up the road. But there was Neil,Jack and Roland having a good race ahead and that was my goal to try and catch them.. We were catching them slowly but i did a nice donut and lost all the time i gained.. the next time i looked Neil was in the lead .. But he slowed later in the race to have some fun with Jack and Roland again..:thumbsup:.. I dont know what happened to Andreas ? maybe got bored out in the lead ... With a lap to go i was right on there rear bumpers again but had a big slide and nearly ended up on the home straight .. oooops:roflmao: .. so that was it ..had great fun and a good night of racing..
Wd to all the guys that make these races fun...

see you all on Thursday for some BMW POWER

Another good nights racing was had but few silly moments:rolleyes:

Race 1 - Was doing ok was near Rene most of the time, Rupe sorry to cut you off but I'm use to you guys passing on the straights:redface: , then the big one went into a tank slapper top of hill before the straight with Jack on my tail and collected him pushed him over the barrier, sorry for killing your race Jack :redface:

Race 2 - Started in my usual place took a knock on one of the barriers steering went off a bit, with few laps to go was with Rene on the straight went inside for turn one locked up hit the grass, then slid across turn 1 in front of Rene how I missed was a fluke :unsure:

:cool: Lovely combo again, Rupe:thumbsup:
The track is short but sweet, and as mentioned on TS, it has a really great TV-cam for watching others drive!
The cars were a blast to drive as well (took me a while to get used to as usual:D) I just can't understand why they even bothered to put brake lights on these cars, as even a candle at noon shines brighter..:O_o:
And your setup I think has helped me with handling the car, thanks Rupe! (didn't bother to try default)
I had some great fun chasing folks and fighting off cars behind me during both races, had some lonely laps too as a few of us were on more or less the same pace, had some spins (like most:p) during race and in Q2 (been a while since I ballsed up a qualy lap :whistling: like that) but all in all it was very entertaining night, I'm glad I made it.

Grats to Neil and Rupe, thanks to Rupe for setting things up, sorry for not properly reading the mod install instructions:redface: and thanks to everyone for racing. CY next time!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.4%