Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The Patreon page link is in the first post from author:
https://www.patreon.com/abulzz

As of today we are only 7 supporters.
Come on guys! This project deserves a lot more community support!
Supporting at Patreon you get every new Test Build version ;)!

Totally agree, stupendous effort by the creater so far, but there is still a lot of work for him ahead. Upgraded myself up too the 5 dollar tier last night, but if a few more of us even just went for the 1 dollar I am sure that would be a big help.

Track will be a masterpiece if it all comes together!

Yeah, shame on him for trying to get people to support a great thing.
Don’t you think we can make an educated decision by ourselves without being pushed by unasked third parties?
I for shure have my purse ready to give a 10er.

Besides this scratch made track stands against that SimTraxx one hidden behind a paywall. By the same origin, Sergio Loro.

So pls, keep that free spirit in mind, and silently donate.

Peace.

keep that free spirit in mind

Hi RMR,

But it's not free. Even if you can download it for free, there's a significant cost for the modder(s) who created it. If that cost was shared a bit more widely I think there'd be more people making better quality content. I'm not sure why you think that should be kept silent?

You say people can make an educated guess about whether to donate and I would agree that's the case for some. But I'm not sure that everyone is educated about how much time is involved to produce a good quality track at today's standards... let alone something as enormous as the Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarga Florio!

This expectation that mods are/should be free made a lot more sense 10 years ago when the amount of detail was orders of magnitude less. Today I think the idea that we don't need to suppport modders who add so much to this hobby we all love is actually harmful to it. I say 'we' here collectively speaking only, I don't mean that every single individual needs to donate. And I certainly don't mean any disrepect to anyone who can't afford to support/donate because there are a lot of people who are underpaid for what they do... in fact that's pretty much my whole point.

Keep up the great work Abulzz :thumbsup: and peace to you too RMR :)

Don’t you think we can make an educated decision

Ask any modder how many times he was donated. You will be surprised.
Interestingly there are much more people who are talking about donation, then who does donate.
Modders have to motivate people somehow to make a donation, sharing beta, giving a bit more content or sooner etc. Unless this there are hardly any donation sadly, just talk.
So please people help this brilliant project on Patreon. And you just stop this nonsense.

I added a donate button to my releases in June. With three released cars I got ~30€ so far, but among that was a singly 10€ donation from some generous lunatic. Rest was ~5€ donations. And overall I have around 40.000 downloads all together.

Interestingly there are much more people who are talking about donation, then who does donate.
Modders have to motivate people somehow to make a donation, sharing beta, giving a bit more content or sooner etc. Unless this there are hardly any donation sadly, just talk.
So please people help this brilliant project on Patreon. And you just stop this nonsense.

I quote OP, see first post:

„...final version will be free.“

...so pls tell me why we are having this discussion...

I quote OP, see first post:

„...final version will be free.“

...so pls tell me why we are having this discussion...

So you are saying, why should you pay, if you will get the final version free?
Very nice behaviour, really.
Please read #53 from AccAkut, I'm glad he confirmed exactly that what I already heard from other top quality modders. We can say only 1 guy make a donation from 10.000 users.
Do you need more?
VRC had the feature some time ago, if you made any amount of donation, you could download all of the beta cars. They stopped that, because a lot of people sent 0.01 EUR. Maybe you are one of them, and there is really no sense to talk further. Many others will understand.

Is there onboard footage of a full lap from 1973 or that era? I'm curious to see how the track has changed. There are a few sections that are a bit different compared to current day and the old targa conversion, and I'm guessing it's because Abulzz knows something I don't and has good reference material. For example, turn 2 (left) feels tighter here, as does the last corner onto the long straight.

Also, what's up with the simtraxx version? It seems like they had a fully functional version a couple years ago but no news for a while now. I'd probably be willing to throw them 5 bucks for it but I'm not so interested in their other tracks, and the way they do business is... not clear.

Is there onboard footage of a full lap from 1973 or that era? I'm curious to see how the track has changed. There are a few sections that are a bit different compared to current day and the old targa conversion, and I'm guessing it's because Abulzz knows something I don't and has good reference material. For example, turn 2 (left) feels tighter here, as does the last corner onto the long straight.

Also, what's up with the simtraxx version? It seems like they had a fully functional version a couple years ago but no news for a while now. I'd probably be willing to throw them 5 bucks for it but I'm not so interested in their other tracks, and the way they do business is... not clear.

Contemporary survey maps might be a good resource if they can be found?
Abulzz posted earlier a good aerial photo of a small section where a landslide happened,
I am sure not an easy task finding and gathering all this together!

Simtraxx seem to struggle with finishing a lot of their tracks. Cynics sometimes suggest it's the cornerstone of their business model.

That SIMTRAXX Version is a conversion of the old GPL mod by Mr. Loro and Co.
It’s not legal as of now, the original creators pulled back the permission to convert the track many moons ago. For whatever unknown reason.
Then the project moved over to SIMTRAXX, and they put this version behind a paywall...

Abulzz posted earlier a good aerial photo of a small section where a landslide happened,
I am sure not an easy task finding and gathering all this together!
Yeah I couldn't figure out where that section was, there are quite a few places that could be described as a "roller coaster." I'm guessing the creators/testers of the track had their nicknames for different zones? I'm still in awe at the incredible amount of work that went into the original GPL version, which I'm sure involved a tremendous amount of research. And now I'm in awe of this new version that includes a topographical map of the whole region.
That SIMTRAXX Version is a conversion of the old GPL mod by Mr. Loro and Co.
It’s not legal as of now, the original creators pulled back the permission to convert the track many moons ago. For whatever unknown reason.
Then the project moved over to SIMTRAXX, and they put this version behind a paywall...
That's a real shame, I'd still like to drive a proper conversion in AC, I've only got that janky version with broken AI, flickering backgrounds, and a track surface that starts really rough and at some point goes totally flat. It looks like Simtraxx have done a lot to improve the track, including a lot of landscape work, but their system of 'pay unspecified amount of $, maybe we'll send you a link at some point' kinda weirds me out. Sorry to turn this into a Simtraxx bitching thread.
Anyways Albulzz's new version is awesome to drive and I think I prefer it, empty as it currently is.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.