Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • abarth 595 and ae86 shaking violenty on this track when standing still, even without road bumps. Possibly related to AC's track limit?
I guess it happens with cars that have live rear axle. Happens with Alfa 33 Stradale, at least.

maybe when U make the trees U could use a separate KN5 file for them and maybe also spectators and road add-ons? That way some of us who don't have super computers could run it without them , like it is now and they won't have to worry about FPS dropping to much. We could make a folder called Off and put them in there if FPS is too low. I don't mind running the way it is right now, but I few trees and would bother my comp that much anyway. Well maybe more than a few be ok LOL

yeah, about the trees, it's been a great concern and I made some test to see how big their impact againts performance. Or I can just create another layout which excludes trees. I think that will be the best. we'll see how it goes ;)

I made a test and put some trees in.
they're just temporary trees and I will replace them later with better textures. only to get some feedback about the performance.
v002_01.jpg

v002_02.jpg

v002_03.jpg

v002_04.jpg

so far so good. with around 60K trees, alpha tester says no performance drop noticed, and we got 200+ FPS without vertical sync with my gtx860m (yes, I tested it with a laptop :p)
batch size was set around 3k, I believe we can raise it a bit for the final version of the trees later.

gotta get back making the buildings,

Cheers!

Abulzz

I made a test and put some trees in.
they're just temporary trees and I will replace them later with better textures. only to get some feedback about the performance.
View attachment 271133
View attachment 271134
View attachment 271135
View attachment 271136

so far so good. with around 60K trees, alpha tester says no performance drop noticed, and we got 200+ FPS without vertical sync with my gtx860m (yes, I tested it with a laptop :p)
batch size was set around 3k, I believe we can raise it a bit for the final version of the trees later.

gotta get back making the buildings,

Cheers!

Abulzz
Marvellous. What program are you making the track in?

Also, latest AC Custom Shaders Mod update added "• Render distance increased to 20 km; • Options for dynamic distance clipping, in graphics_adjustments.ini;" with tracks like this in mind ;)

Marvellous. What program are you making the track in?

Also, latest AC Custom Shaders Mod update added "• Render distance increased to 20 km; • Options for dynamic distance clipping, in graphics_adjustments.ini;" with tracks like this in mind ;)
the old and reliable 3ds max 2014 :D
wow I did't know that. Thanks for telling me, I'll check it out! :thumbsup:

Beautiful!

whaat I have the same laptop graphics card and only get around 100fps max with no traffic on kunos maps, how do you do that?
haha well this track is still low on textures and shaders. DIP is still very low. as the track develops, it will eventually drop :p

Those temporary trees might work when looking at them from far away (like in the first shots) but you can really see that they're low detail from the cockpit view. I think it's a good call not to release it this way! However, I'm sure they still add to the fun when test driving the track so I hope they motivate you!

Stunning as it is, I managed a 45:30.7 in the 718 RS vintage Porsche.
Holla, wut a gr8 experience!
Need a big dinner now...
:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play