Talent files

Racker2

25RPM
Oct 27, 2015
Hello. I am trying to use Talent files (RCD) for the Mod "Formula One 1971". No talent files existed for the original Mod. I have created a Formula One 1971 Talent Folder and placed in the proper Talent Folder in Game Data. I used the same name for the Talent Folder as the Team Folder (veh). When I run a Race day Qualify, there is no indication that the Mod is using the RCD files. (I purposely made some drivers much quicker than others in order to observe the differences. No such luck! Any suggestions?

Shovas

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 18, 2014
Do the CAR file Driver="..." names match the RCD driver names?

I might be mistaken but it seems to me like you need a separate livery (which includes a CAR file) every time you want a separate Talent driver.

I was recently trying to get more talent for Single Car races and was stymied. Ended up I could only think of creating liveries for each and every Talent I wanted to use (like 30-60 for a big grids). Kind of annoying. So much work.

Racker2

25RPM
Oct 27, 2015
I am very sure that the Drivers names match in both files. Eg. "Jackie Stewart" is very hard to get wrong. He was, by the way, one that I gave super corner ability to. Also, one mismatch, spelling error, shouldn't affect the other drivers.

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
I don't have that mod so make a txt file with all drivers names (1 per line) and post it here : I will make competitive talents if you want as it is not a very long work :)

Last edited:

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
As Shovas said, as long as driver name entries are exactly the same it works. If there are many talent rcd files with same name then game will use the first it finds and will ignore others so check with windows search engine *.RCD files in case of duplicates ???

GTR233

500RPM
Jun 3, 2018
Yes as long as driver names are the same....and that's why it is a problem when you have many mods installed : this is the reason why I put rcd files within skins folders in 2005 fia gt mod and not in \talent directory

Racker2

25RPM
Oct 27, 2015
Problem solved. GTR233, you were correct. I altered the drivers names to make them unique to the mod. Just an underscore between first and last name. It did the trick. Thank you.

Reactions: GTR233