Talent files

Hello. I am trying to use Talent files (RCD) for the Mod "Formula One 1971". No talent files existed for the original Mod. I have created a Formula One 1971 Talent Folder and placed in the proper Talent Folder in Game Data. I used the same name for the Talent Folder as the Team Folder (veh). When I run a Race day Qualify, there is no indication that the Mod is using the RCD files. (I purposely made some drivers much quicker than others in order to observe the differences. No such luck! Any suggestions?

Do the CAR file Driver="..." names match the RCD driver names?

I might be mistaken but it seems to me like you need a separate livery (which includes a CAR file) every time you want a separate Talent driver.

I was recently trying to get more talent for Single Car races and was stymied. Ended up I could only think of creating liveries for each and every Talent I wanted to use (like 30-60 for a big grids). Kind of annoying. So much work.

I am very sure that the Drivers names match in both files. Eg. "Jackie Stewart" is very hard to get wrong. He was, by the way, one that I gave super corner ability to. Also, one mismatch, spelling error, shouldn't affect the other drivers.

I don't have that mod so make a txt file with all drivers names (1 per line) and post it here : I will make competitive talents if you want as it is not a very long work :)

Last edited:
As Shovas said, as long as driver name entries are exactly the same it works. If there are many talent rcd files with same name then game will use the first it finds and will ignore others so check with windows search engine *.RCD files in case of duplicates ???

Yes as long as driver names are the same....and that's why it is a problem when you have many mods installed : this is the reason why I put rcd files within skins folders in 2005 fia gt mod and not in \talent directory

I get involved in the discussion because I would like to understand something better:

If I put the rcd files of the drivers (let's say generic) in a single folder in the Talent folder and then in the team folders I put the drivers according to the season, could it work?

I give an example:
I have the files of Bertolini.rcd, Hezemans.rcd etc.

Talent folder
(I put all the rcd files in together)
Bertolini.rcd
Hezemans.rcd
Etc.

Teams folder
(I put rcd files in individual team folders)

Teams / GT / Maserati MC12 / AF Corse 2004
Bertolini.rcd

Teams / GT1 / Maserati MC12 / Vitaphone 2006
Bertolini.rcd

Teams / GT1 / Maserati MC12 / Vitaphone 2008
Bertolini.rcd

Teams / GT / Chrysler Viper / Force One 2003
Hezemans.rcd

Teams / GT1 / Chevrolet Corvette / GLPK Carsport 2006
Hezemans.rcd

Teams / GT1 / Chevrolet Corvette C6-R / Peka Racing 2009
Hezemans.rcd

Etc.

So could it work?
Can I get riders with values for each season?

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited:
No, put rcd files in Talent folder is the worst idea when you have several mods with various years installed (especially when the same driver will be in different classes in different years) because gtr2 will take the first one in Talent folder and will just ignore the others.
So the best solution is to join each rcd with its car file in every skin folder as I did in 2005 fia gt mod

A little late here, but...

The issue with talent files is twofold. The game will use talent files wherever it finds them; putting them in a talent folder/subfolder format, or having them in the car folders, is just for the convenience of us poor humans. As far as the game is concerned they could be in a track folder or sound folder or the root folder, doesn't matter. Also the name of the talent file is irrelevant, again just for us humans.

This leads to the second issue - the game reads a driver name from a car file then searches all talent files it has located for one with that name as the first line of the file. So if you have the same driver in different mods, each with an individual talent file, you may end up with the GT driver in an F1 car, etc. Thus all drivers in all mods must have unique names - Mario Andretti, M Andretti, M. Andretti, Ma. Andretti, M_Andretti, etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%