Tachometer and speedometer feedback

R

RR_Racer

• RR_Racer

I am interfacing the cockpit of an actual car to Racer. What angle should I take on capturing the tachometer and speedometer data from racer during the race session? I tried using the debug log file, however reading this data while the log file is being created poses several problems.

I know that it would be interesting to see what car your going to interface with Racer. I'll have to see where I put the commands for getting the data from a a racer session......

Well, wouldn't it be possible to access this data via rex-scripts? By that maybe you could write one file new each let's say 40ms, then take a file change notification in the other software interfacing the cockpit.

But I guess it'd be best to ask Ruud for a real real-time-interface, as I think racer wasn't originally supposed to do stuff like this.

• RR_Racer

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan on pulling an all nighters on it tonight. I will defently try this method first. I sent an email to Rudd earlier in the week asking what it would take to become a licensed user. The web site states Multiview is only available to licensed users of Racer. I never got a response so I did not want to add this to the mix. When I first came across racer I was very encouraged by the level of detail and deduction to simulation over game play. The documentation on the CHAIR DATA OUTPUT sounded similar to what I want to do. As the racer mission states
1.1 What is Racer?
Racer is a free car simulation project, focusing on realism.
I am only trying to further the realism experience. Looking at the new ini file it looks like the chair portion is gone.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%