Swivel Keyboard

Yes thanks, I understand, I saw that in the first pic.
Maybe I got this wrong, can you turn the keyboard tray on a pivot point at the end of arm or is it fixed ?
That tray is huge, looks about the same size as my Next Level one.
Too long too wide for anything but biggest keyboards which has good and bad points.
When space is at a premium a smaller tray would spin without hitting anything .

So the MX Mini has full size keys ( I have big fingers lol) but it is only 11.7 x 5.1 inches and weighs 17.9 ounces.
So a 12" long plate would be much easier to twist 90 degrees without banging your knees.

Last edited:
Yes thanks, I understand, I saw that in the first pic.
Maybe I got this wrong, can you turn the keyboard tray on a pivot point at the end of arm or is it fixed ?
That tray is huge, looks about the same size as my Next Level one.
Too long too wide for anything but biggest keyboards which has good and bad points.
When space is at a premium a smaller tray would spin without hitting anything .

So the MX Mini has full size keys ( I have big fingers lol) but it is only 11.7 x 5.1 inches and weighs 17.9 ounces.
So a 12" long plate would be much easier to twist 90 degrees without banging your knees.
Yes. A Smaller tray would be more easy to maneuver but I'm looking to figure out how to create the swivelling / articulating system itself. If my current Sim-Lab tray is too big, I can always get a smaller tray and keyboard later. It's the rest of the system that I'm trying to figure out.

Is that really cheaper then just adding a few short pieces of aluminum profile and joint pieces to my sim-lab keyboard mount? Is creating my own more complicated than that?

The arms on those look too long to be able to swivel around in a space like our cockpits like the Obutto can but I could be wrong. It's difficult to tell from those pics/vids.
A few pieces of profile and joints would no doubt be cheaper, but I meant the product as-is, which includes a nice capability to adjust the height (and angle) by just lifting/pressing on it - at least that's how the videos made it seem. That's a level of engineering that you would struggle to achieve with a DIY rig I reckon, and once you go to custom machining it'd cost the earth for a one-off.
As for the swivelling capability, yup, it's hard to say but it certainly looked like it might do the job.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.