Swapping Wheels and Button Assignments

I have 2 Fanatec wheels (Podium R300 and a Formula V2 w/Podium Shifters). Depending on the car I am running in AMS2, I may want to use one or the other wheel. I would like to use very different button assignments for each wheel. Is there an easy way to save the button assignments for each wheel? Do I need to remap buttons each time I swap wheels?

• Deleted member 1234936

I like the idea behind this, but no way to do this as far as I can tell, It would certainly add to the Immersion factor for me.

Might be worth putting a request into the devs to add the feature: "save Button Mapping Per car", they've done this with the FFB, so don't see why not.

There's no in-game function to support this right now, but it might be possible to do it by swapping controller config profiles. They appear to be stored in Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[NUMBER]\automobilista 2\profiles. So you could set up one wheel, move/rename the profile file, then set up another wheel. You could then swap out the files based on which wheel you're using.

It would probably require a restart for each swap, but it's better than remapping buttons every time.

There's no in-game function to support this right now, but it might be possible to do it by swapping controller config profiles. They appear to be stored in Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[NUMBER]\automobilista 2\profiles. So you could set up one wheel, move/rename the profile file, then set up another wheel. You could then swap out the files based on which wheel you're using.

It would probably require a restart for each swap, but it's better than remapping buttons every time.
Good suggestion. This works.

Swapping profiles in game seems like it should be a standard feature. I hope they add this. With the diversity of cars, I would think those that have different wheels would appreciate this feature.

I was looking for this feature also. a lot of people have requested this on the Reiza forums, but no reaction from Reiza up until now. Might not be possible with the Madness Engine. Which is a shame because it kind of disqualifies AMS2 as a sim for me and confirmes it's an arcade racer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back