Physics Swapping Physics Between Cars.

Hey guys, like the topic suggests, I've recently downloaded three different mods of Mazda RX-7. After some driving with all three cars, I found that only one of them has the physics of my flavour (grips the road and turns well, no stupid fishtails or understeers,) and I want to swap physics files of the other two with this one, is it ok to do such thing? Or will it break my mods? Thanks.

It will usually not work well (models not aligned with wheels anymore, dashboard nonfunctional, potentially crashing the game) so best to figure out which files in particular you want and carefully swap those, testing after each file that it still loads and stuff.

Thanks, I've tried playing around with some modded RX-7 I have, however after using QuickBMS it seems physics files are encrypted, and when I swap one car to another, the game simply won't load the car; nither swapping models nor physics worked.

I was wondering this last night. I'm new to the game, what editor, unpackaging software, or files do I need to look out for? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
You need Car Tuner at least (can be downloaded from this site.) But I found doing such thing is quite meaningless since most of modded cars have their files enctypted and thus cannot be swapped, unless you can swap a set of decent physics (or even just a new tyre data) without affecting the looking of your car.

You need Car Tuner at least (can be downloaded from this site.) But I found doing such thing is quite meaningless since most of modded cars have their files enctypted and thus cannot be swapped, unless you can swap a set of decent physics (or even just a new tyre data) without affecting the looking of your car.
unpack the cars on cm. delete the ACD files for both, get both cars data files open next to eachother on-screen, then you just copy and paste what files you wish to change such as tyres, engine etc... when swapping tyres make sure you copy and paste all tyre LUT files also and obv delete old ones. when adding bigger or more powerful engines dont forget to adjust clutch in drivetrain or you will get slip.

Hey guys, like the topic suggests, I've recently downloaded three different mods of Mazda RX-7. After some driving with all three cars, I found that only one of them has the physics of my flavour (grips the road and turns well, no stupid fishtails or understeers,) and I want to swap physics files of the other two with this one, is it ok to do such thing? Or will it break my mods? Thanks.
unpack the cars on cm. delete the ACD files for both, get both cars data files open next to eachother on-screen, then you just copy and paste what files you wish to change such as tyres, engine etc... when swapping tyres make sure you copy and paste all tyre LUT files also and obv delete old ones. when adding bigger or more powerful engines dont forget to adjust clutch in drivetrain or you will get slip.

Like stereo alluded to, some files in the data folder are just for physics and some "belong" to the 3d model. Porting physics can absolutely be done, but you kinda need to know which files are which to do it properly, and you may still need to open and edit a few (car.ini is half phys and half 3d, tyres.ini needs the tire radius to match that of the 3d, etc.) to avoid weirdness.

The shape of the FFB signal is based pretty much entirely on the geometry itself, all we really get to adjust otherwise is the amplitude. (FFMULT in car.ini)

Last edited:
i have a basic template i have put together over time that requires minimum editing to .ini files and is 90% drag and drop, so far managed to edit close to 60 cars that all look, sound and drive perfectly, my kind of perfectly anyway, mostly 80's 90's hatches and street drift cars from from old bmw's to audi r8's... i spend more time swapping wheels on 3dsimed, will upload this template if you think it could help?

i have a basic template i have put together over time that requires minimum editing to .ini files and is 90% drag and drop, so far managed to edit close to 60 cars that all look, sound and drive perfectly, my kind of perfectly anyway, mostly 80's 90's hatches and street drift cars from from old bmw's to audi r8's... i spend more time swapping wheels on 3dsimed, will upload this template if you think it could help?
hello,

Yes it can be really interresting for beginners like us if you are still ok to share with us.

Thanks

Not sure how I missed this post, but I would be interested, thanks!

Could I get it aswell?

Same here @Ears019

real sorry guys i havent been active on here for a while and recently had to reset my pc and start from scratch, had an ssd failure, will create another template with a small explanation of how to do the swaps etc and what may have to be altered to make things work smoothly, physics swapping is frowned upon but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get the result you want... please bare with me and thanks for the interest @shumsghost @Dethrone1427 @CoastCool @gagipro

Last edited:
real sorry guys i havent been active on here for a while and recently had to reset my pc and start from scratch, had an ssd failure, will create another template with a small explanation of how to do the swaps etc and what may have to be altered to make things work smoothly, physics swapping is frowned upon but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get the result you want... please bare with me and thanks for the interest @shumsghost @Dethrone1427 @CoastCool @gagipro
You done it yet? Id be really interested

yes please, this would be very helpful

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back