F1 2011 Supported Gaming Wheels PC

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi@all. I will preorder F1 2011 and would like to buy a gaming wheel. I played F1 2010 without it. Which wheels will be supported for 2011? I suppose same as for 2010.....or? My limit is about 100€. Which one would be the best wheel for this price... - Logitech Driving Force GT or - Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel or - other? thanks for reply!

mmh I don't like the plastic pedals of the DFGT... thats the reason why I would prefer the thrustmaster wheel https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512qsPXpXQL._AA300_.jpg
You need to be very wary of what is causing your perceptions. This is how marketers play with your head. They will stick something shiny and durable looking onto something second rate and bingo "the perception of quality" goes up. Its happened ever since Conan the Barbarian was convinced to trade in his gladiator sword for one with stick on carbon fibre on the handle.
You need to differentiate functionality, performance and durability with add on Bling.
The Ferrari F50 has no carbon inserts in the doors at all as the whole car is made of carbon fibre.
The BMW 318 is available with stick on carbon fibre inserts as it creates an illusion of performance.

No better contemporary example exists than the new Madcatz listed above. It was £59.99 (as a Saitek 660)in 2008 when a Logitech G25 was £200.
They have stuck some metal on the wheel chassis and apparently now want nearly £200.

Just My Thoughts

David GTI Turbo Rallye Sport Limited Sp[ort Tech #09/100 made.

I've got two DFGT's now, a brand new one, free, courtesy of Logitech customer support :D, and my 8 month old one which still works but has come a bit loose at the steering shaft. I've even see a video of a G27 with the same issue, and that is meant to have a sturdier metal bearing than the DFGT.

I can't recommend the DFGT highly enough, it's a fantastic wheel and will do everything you need a good wheel to do. If good driving, winning races and getting excellent laptimes is what you're after, then the DFGT will provide that, so long as you put the hours of practise in. Having no shifter paddles won't be a problem. The buttons at the back of the DFGT in the same position as paddles do a brilliant job and feel good and solid. You won't miss paddles.

The DFGT wheel is okay, however the pedals are not that good and after time will give you issues.

To the OP if you have less than 100 bucks to spend on a new wheel you cannot expect top quality that will last for years unfortunately.

However on the second hand market you could always buy an used G25/G27 and you will have a top wheel for a fair prize.

Of course you can check out our sim racing marketplace right here at RD and buy a wheel from one of our members: http://www.racedepartment.com/classifieds.php

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back