Cars SUPERGT GT500 2020 MOD WIP

• Deleted member 223075

@-natsuki- Apparently you updated the car to v2.0 but not received link for the new version.

Does it include lods/low object count to race an Ai field?
Thanks!
Given that no one replied me, I'll share this info (for current v2.0) now from a costumer POV on modest hardware:

-It has 3 LODs, with the last one still being on the very heavy side with 127 objects (43K tris), but appearing very soon at 10m. HR->LR cockpit is also set to switch at 10m (?), even if LODA goes out at just 5m. I hope the lodding/obj count for distant cars will be improved (reduced) in the future, while giving a bit more distance/screentime for LODB.
Vs a small 15 AI grid start with 11 cars in front, I'd expect it to perform at least 1500-2000 DIP better (less) while taking advantage of 3 lods.

Tris count while high, isn't really a concern even for aging mid range gpus, and it's needed at the moment for how close LODC is showing.

-The interior has a few parenting issues that will cause issues with IBL ambient (like flashing inner banner with exterior ambient light when going over kerbs): window_SUB2 (interior banner) and window_crar_SUB1 (interior glass) aren't under COCKPIT_HR as csp expects.

-If possible, the car folder should be named "avr500-r" instead of "AVR500-R", having capital leters on the car folder can cause misc online issues, or even with ks tools, apps. CM will also fail to register distance driven due to the current folder name.

Hope to see some of these issues addressed in the future, for this is surely a car that deserves it.

Thank you

Edit: Forgot to add, now that LODA has been corrected, LODB and LODC still have inverted/misaligned mapping on right side tyres.
Screenshot_avr500-r_okayama_14-8-120-1-42-35.jpgScreenshot_avr500-r_okayama_14-8-120-1-42-38.jpgScreenshot_avr500-r_okayama_14-8-120-1-42-52.jpg
LODA>B>C, car is stopped

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

So @-natsuki- you come here to see your thread but no answer. So you just want money and don't care about the rest.....

Have you also checked your (second or smth maybe) address which is attached to your PayPal? He can only send to the emails that are specified on PayPal

This is still happening, with the new 2.5 update...

• Deleted member 223075

In the ext_config remove all line according to :

Code:
[Material_CarPaint_Metallic]
FresnelMax=1
FresnelC=0.1
BrightnessAdjustment=0.9
ColoredSpecular=0.9
AmbientSpecular=0.6
AmbientSpecularEXP=2.5
ClearCoatThickness=0.06
CarPaintMaterial=main_body

A small heads up: the included config file points to carbon textures that don't come with csp nor with the mod separately on that path, so the pbr Material_Carbon shader won't work.

These are "common/Carbon.dds" and "common/carbon_NM.dds". Both files exist in the main kn5 but csp won't find them this way.

If missed, there's seems to be a small mapping issue on a triangle of the exhaust carbon plate:
geo_detail.png

Thank you

Edit1:
- car.ini is missing a SHORT_NAME= description under [INFO]. Without it, car name will show blank as it is:
1608859444330.png
This is required when using header version=2, as the same screen_name won't be used in session as it did under v1

Last edited:

I cured this today, by installing a newer version of the shaders patch. I was still using the version that came with the IER P13.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.