Supercharger For Satsuma

3D Models Supercharger For Satsuma 1.4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
public override void Update()
{
[snip]
try {this.racingcarb_inst = (GameObject.Find("racing carburators(Clone)").transform.parent.transform.parent.name == "cylinder head(Clone)");}
catch {}
try {this.carb2_inst = (GameObject.Find("twin carburators(Clone)").transform.parent.transform.parent.name == "cylinder head(Clone)");}
catch {}
[snip]
}

I spot a problem here. Can you see it?
There is a GameObject.Find in void Update(). This lowers FPS. There should a variable there that gets set with GameObject.Find in void OnLoad().
The "[snip]" thing means there is code there but I'm not talking about it right now, so to save space, I didn't put it in this post.
I know it's not effective. But for some reason, after optimization, the bug occurs and after that the modification thinks that the carburetor is not installed. It does not happen in my case, but in the case of my friend. I don't know how to fix it. That's why I have to do this.

I know it's not effective. But for some reason, after optimization, the bug occurs and after that the modification thinks that the carburetor is not installed. It does not happen in my case, but in the case of my friend. I don't know how to fix it. That's why I have to do this.
So.. for you it works but for your friend it doesn't? I don't really see how it can go wrong. In void OnLoad() there is a GameObject.Find that sets a GameObject variable. This variable, with the correct GameObject (which was set in void OnLoad()) is then used in void Update(). Is your friend using the same mod-loader version as you? The one I use is 1.0.1 and that is also the version that I used as a reference while compiling the optimized code.
If everything is the same... I don't get it. Maybe there is just something I don't notice or overlooked.
I do have one more trick, but isn't quite as efficient. I can set the GameObject.Find command to a timer. It will still be in void Update() but it won't run every frame because there will be an if statement that only allows the command to run if some time (a second, half second, etc) has passed. I have used this before for an object renaming system in my Iced Tea mod. The fps drop is minimized because the command doesn't run every frame, but it still repeats.

So.. for you it works but for your friend it doesn't? I don't really see how it can go wrong. In void OnLoad() there is a GameObject.Find that sets a GameObject variable. This variable, with the correct GameObject (which was set in void OnLoad()) is then used in void Update(). Is your friend using the same mod-loader version as you? The one I use is 1.0.1 and that is also the version that I used as a reference while compiling the optimized code.
If everything is the same... I don't get it. Maybe there is just something I don't notice or overlooked.
I do have one more trick, but isn't quite as efficient. I can set the GameObject.Find command to a timer. It will still be in void Update() but it won't run every frame because there will be an if statement that only allows the command to run if some time (a second, half second, etc) has passed. I have used this before for an object renaming system in my Iced Tea mod. The fps drop is minimized because the command doesn't run every frame, but it still repeats.
Yeah, by the way, I didn't even think I could do that.

I have an idea. Since some of us have this optimization working, and some don't. So why not make some people use one optimization, and if it doesn't work, then another one.

I have an idea. Since some of us have this optimization working, and some don't. So why not make some people use one optimization, and if it doesn't work, then another one.
Yeah, that is a good plan. So basically there will be both versions in the zip file. I'd throw in a txt file that explains it though so people don't attempt to put both dll files in.

I also have another idea for the long run. If the mod isn't reading that the twin and racing carbs are installed, how about making the mod read that incompatible carbs are not installed. So, instead of saying "if racing carb or twin carb installed, run these commands", you can say "If stock carb or no carb at all is installed, don't run these commands.

Would you maybe consider adding some tuning options? I'm on a keyboard and all it does is spin the absolute hell out of the tires because of the added horsepower, just a little bit less would be good for me so that the revs don't decide to go crazy half way through the powerband.

Would you maybe consider adding some tuning options? I'm on a keyboard and all it does is spin the absolute hell out of the tires because of the added horsepower, just a little bit less would be good for me so that the revs don't decide to go crazy half way through the powerband.
Yeah, I'm thinking of adding a button to turn the supercharger on and off.

Yeah, I'm thinking of adding a button to turn the supercharger on and off.
That wouldn't be realistic because it is just a simple belt driving it. To turn it off, you would need some sort of clutch that goes to the supercharger to turn it off. It would be hell to try to set that up, and it would probably break in reality.

That wouldn't be realistic because it is just a simple belt driving it. To turn it off, you would need some sort of clutch that goes to the supercharger to turn it off. It would be hell to try to set that up, and it would probably break in reality.
No, there's such a thing as an electromagnetic coupling. But, yes, it's too difficult.

Spysi updated Turbo For Satsuma with a new update entry:

Update 1.2.0

EU
Change log:
WARING! The parts that have been installed in your car may be missing. Now you have to buy them in the Fleetari repair shop.
1.Store support has been added, now you will need to buy parts before installing them.
2.Wear has been added to the belt. Now it needs to be changed. You can buy the second belt in the shop after the first one is worn out.
3.Work has been done on optimization. Object colliders and code were optimized.
4.Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back