SuperCar Challenge

Ferrari Challnge was ok game. Physics are quite good for a console. Better physics than most driving games on PS3.

Yes I didn't think it was as bad as people made out, certainly not as bad as SRT reviewed it a while back. In my opinion the handling is not as good as say Forza or Gran Turismo or RACE Pro for that matter but its more realistic than most others out there. I'm also on the BETA so I can't really say too much about it but you'll get a good idea of what it will be like from Ferrari Challenge and I'll certainly buy a copy.

Mark Cale has a propensity to over hype games he is involved in. Ferrari Challenge was the same, it boldy announces its a 'Mark Cale production' as the game starts and he did spout off quite a bit before Ferrari Challenge's launch that it was soo much better than anything else and kept drawing comparisons to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

• Kyle Evers

This game actually looks really good. I watched the video of the Aston lapping Spa and the gameplay and graphics both looked great.

i have the beta of this and the tracks are some of the worst modelled ive ever seen in a racing game no where near accurate

Have to agree on that after watching that Spa video, looks nothing like the real thing. The FXX also sounds like the engine has blown up on each gear change which isn't quite right if I'm honest.

Ferrari challenge was a game that was an okay sim racing games on ps 3. Bruno Senna was with and developed physics engine to the FC. He test drove all the car in FC, so they be as realistic as possible. FC without patch single player, is a okay sim game. But Senna is not in to SCC:(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmizj1qvRM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmizj1qvRM[/ame]

So Eutechnyx have suddenly forgotten how to code a racing game because Bruno Senna is not there? I think you over exagerate the role he played in the development of Ferrari Challenge. He gave feedback on the cars handling but if Ferrari Challenge is testament to his input then Eutechnyx is better off without him. Its Eutechnyx physics engine he gave input on handling he wasn't there coding new lines to make the physics work any better.

As for term 'sim' its a subjective one, we're all just playing computer games whether its Forza, Gran Turismo, GTR2 or iRacing. Even a game such as PGR simulates the feeling of speed, driving a high powered car on a track etc just perhaps not to the same degree as others but you could still call it a simulation. You call Ferrari Challenge an "okay sim racing games on ps" yet speak out like Supercar Challenge is somehow much more arcade like, I hate to break it to you but both games handle the same.

I play iRacing on PC, GTR Evolution etcbut I also enjoy the Forza and GT series, the PGR series and games like SEGA Rally are a lot of fun too. Its down to personal preference at the end of the day as to which end of the spectrum you go or if like me you enjoy a broad selection of racing games but to make a big song and dance calling for people not to buy a game is just plain silly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back