rF2 Super GT @ Fuji - Fri 25 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
i sorry frends, but I dont understand what is the pass for servrer.
I have premium and reccive the massage with passwords and they are not working.

Last edited:
Yeah, you should :p

As usual, I started out being miles off pace compared to Michael with his usual 10000 laps done, so I knew I had my work cut out again. Tried out the Honda and while sounding great, it didnt suit me. Then tried the Supra which was better, but still needed lots of setup work to get it to turn, especially in the high speed stuff. So I made a highly unrealistic but much faster setup (basically softening the front and hardening the rear and lowering the wing) which improved laptimes by seconds and by the end of qually, I wasnt too far off.

For the race I debated whether to go softs or mediums, eventually settling on softs due to never having ran the mediums. After a brilliant T1 where I managed to overtake everyone going wide and came out leading, I immediately started tire saving, trying to gauge what tire life I had to preserve on a lap by lap basis. I hoped Magnus could keep Michael behind for a few laps, unfortunately Michael muscled his way past early and quickly settled in behind me, on his mediums. By now I know I can use no more than 3% tire life per lap on the LR to make it through the race without a puncture which isnt easy to manage when you have to watch your dash with one eye, Michael with the other and the road with the third one...
I managed to keep him behind by going a bit slower on entry and middle of the corner and then focusing on the exit, combined with a low wing setup, to try and keep him behind on the straight. It worked most of the time, only once did he actually make it through, only to bobble a fre moments later, allowing me back through.
As time progressed, the tire got worse, my wheel letting me know furiously by shaking hard down the straight. Eventually the tire simply didnt make it, causing me to spin out of the final corner from trying to get a decent exit with a bit of drifting - a simple driver error. It wouldnt matter anyway as the tire completely gave way on the final lap.

Great win Michael, superior pace and stradegy :thumbsup:.

Note to self: to avoid having to post long posts like this instead of "great race, led from start to finish" posts, go mediums...

Haha, I indeed did some laps for practice but probably just half as many as I think every lap is counted when I leave the pits, even if I abort after T1 which I did way to often :roflmao:
Tried all cars for like 5 minutes, went for the Supra as it felt best to me but I honestly didn't feel much of a difference and all default setups felt incredibly understeery and useless to me. Did the same as Jan setup wise and reached a nice balance at some point, used much more rear wing though as he was faster on the straights.
Quali went alright though I always had a corner that I missed completely and was lucky Jan didn't get much faster.
Testet different tyres and wasn't sure about what to pick but felt that using softs I would most likely have 0% left towards the end or I'd had to save A LOT so I decided to go with mediums hoping it'd survive longer.
Got scared by the Honda's shooting in from behind at the start (they seemed to be a lot quicker on the straights). Some missed the braking point by a fair bit so I couldn't turn in and missed T1 as well ending up in P3 behind Magnus. Went for a pass as soon as possible and started to follow Jan with Ole right behind. After a bit of back and forth battling Ole he fell back and I felt I had an advantage with the mediums over Jan as the gap began to shrink lap by lap. It looked like he soon started to struggle a bit with the tyres sliding here and there so I decided to stay behind for a while waiting, saving my tyres and building up a bigger advantage. Got by at one point but went mowing the lawn the lap after so he passed me again. Made way to many mistakes overall so I had to catch up to him over and over. Also got on the grass a bit braking into T1 and immediately had a huge flat spot on the FL making my wheel shake violently for like 20 minutes. Just when I was finally real close again focusing on a good exit of the last corner to make a move he spun and I just had to bring it home safely.
Fun and very fair battle all race long, insane how you managed to drive so fast with basically no tyres :confused: :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back