RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

nice races , nice track but it s very difficult to pass :D

race 1 : 4 on the grid , I take a good start and I pass mikkael and front of me there is Yves

I staying behind yves , I can t pass him because he was very quickly
and at the end my tyres was very used , finish the race 2

race 2 : 6 on the grid , another good start but after T1 my car oversteer tyres cold and many driver pass me
many good pass with driver and it was very hard to pass , I finish 6

Thanks RD for this event and all drivers :wink:

2x3rd place got me the top spot after 2 races on same points as another racer.
Qualy 2nd and totally blew the start in 1st race and that left me chasing from 3rd,stayed behind for a few laps and made a small mistake during the first real attempt to overtake and had to chase Therry Marchand (i think it was)for the rest of the race to finish with in 0.2 sec behind.There is just no room on this track :D
2nd Race starting from 6th i had a start and got 1 or 2 positions but got too far out on the mountain and lost a few places again....next lap i tried to outbrake someone after the long straight but locked up and barly missed him but again i was loosing places.
Rejoined behind Peter Eriksson and another car.After a few more laps they were nice enough to almost crash on the "jump" and when theyboth brake and tried to go apart there was enough room for me in the middle :) thanks.(Pure luck because i just didnt react fast enough to brake haha)Again chased down the 2nd guy but no where to pass and again finished 3rd bumper to bumper with the guy in 2nd.
Thanks for the fun tonight guys!

• Matt Crouch

:woop: Carlsberg don't make tracks, but if they did, they would be Puebla. Cadwell would be something better.

This to me is a classic combo which I tried on my own a few months ago and it was :thumb:. Took me a while to get back into it though after other stuff, felt very understeery at first. Strangely moreso than when we did this in Mustangs on GTL (possibly just rose tinted spectacles) :D. Managed to pick up my time somewhat for quali and started 12th-ish for the first race.
My main priority was to play it safe and keep it on track after messing up races here before, and in race 1 I managed with pretty much only one very minor excursion on to the grass, finishing in 5th when I was too kind to Tyler (who was much faster than me) and (accidentally) let him past a couple of laps before the end :p

Race 2 started in 4th for reversed grid. All aboard the Croucher train :choochoo:. this one was rather amusing as I was holding up a whole load of people while the front couple shot off into the distance. I was in second at times; Yves got past and then disconnected straight away (coincidence? :sinister:), and generally things worked in my favour for a while until I lost a couple of places down to 5th.

Then I made 'the' mistake of taking it slightly too wide at the first series of bends.... up on to the ledge. Was just getting off the ledge when Jeroen comes along and plays tiddlywinks with me :wink2: :heh: [not your problem though don't worry].

Caught up to Jeroen and had a fantabulous race while Thierry managed to wedge himself in-between. I made up a gap and then on the final lap braked too late for the downhill corner, just going a bit wide and letting Thierry take 6th while I had 7th.

Overall a classic :party2:

• Sam Beason

Unfortunately I will be late for this, I will try to be on time but I am running late already. I will probably miss practice but make the race and quali

• Daniel Overton

Had some fun trying to get into the race tonight. Thanks to the people who helped!

Race 1

[ame]http://www.vimeo.com/4637754[/ame]

Race 2

Coming Soon

Gr8 fun 2nite:dance2:. The 87's were perfect for Cadwell.

Qual: 12th.

Fairly happy with that as I knew I wasn't on the pace with the quick guys around here.:)

Race 1: P11

This one was a lot of fun early on and was dicing with the top six. Eventually fell off the pack while trying to stay on the outside of turn 1 whilst being passed and just clipped the grass and spun off. Was running a lonely few laps and got a bit scruffy, but found out a little more about the car during that phase.:wink2:

Race 2: P2

That was more like it. Good start and kept my head down. Kept out of other peoples incidents and kept it tidy. Found myself moving up places and was in 2nd by mid distance. Kept pace with Patrick briefly, but started dropping away and then had to defend the last few laps from Mikael which dropped us back further to hold onto 2nd place.

I'm having a decent run in form now that I'm getting more races in. Since Friday nights S2000 race I've had 7 races and had 1 win and 4 2nd places:).

Really enjoying my time on track with you guys at the moment.:dance2:

Thanks RD and co for organizing these events.:wink2:

That was fun while it lasted.:)

Someone hit me coming out of T1 on lap 3 and I ended up with an upside down crash down the back straight. Hope the audience was entertained, because it sure was interesting from the inside.:) Then while waiting for the end of race 1 evo did a "crash to desktop" and that was the end of the evening.

This was the first time I've ever had a CTD with evo. The only thing different between today and yesterday is that yesterday I installed DTM 2007 and Barcelona. Don't know if there's a correlation, but it is an interesting coincidence...

This was my first time on an oval and it was a blast. Wouldn't mind trying that again sometime. Hint, hint...:)

The Mustangs were pretty fun as well and it wouldn't mind trying them out on a road course sometime.

Thanks for setting things up Eric.:thumb:

Nice fun event!

Quali: 8th
Race1: Tried to save the tires all the time, and that helped me a lot as I was quite fast at the end! Had a nice battle with Abdul for 3rd and won it. I was happy to be on the podium:)
Race2: Again, I tried to be careful with the tires. Had some battles, once I was even in the leading position but not for long, as Yves was coming close and I pushed a little too hard to stay ahead, and spun. Again I had Abdul ahead me, passed him for 3rd.
Finished 2nd overall with 12 points.
Grats to Yves for winning both races!:)

Thx to Eric and RD for organizing the event!

Events like these is one of the reason I love this place. Top notch racing.

Thanks to Eric and RD for setting this event. I wouldnt mind another 60 laps again right now. It was mighty fun. Well done everyone.

I tried all sorts to keep Keith at bay in race 2 but nudda. I tell ya, next time I see Keith behind me I'll launch tyre spikes to slow him down ala 007.

Race 1 was a fight for that last step on the podium between me and Peter. My right tyre was crying for help. Alas he passed me and got the podium, well done Peter.
Congrats to Yves and the entire community.

Abdul

Liked the cars, but it would be nice to be able to adjust more in the setup. Didnt like the track, err, oval, only because of that @#*# trench around the edges. I do like the ovals tho, just not all the time.
I did terrible. I couldnt get my setup right, so I used Keith's. Thanks Keith! Sorry to Eric Nelson, I did a classic policeman bump to your left rear bumper in turn 4 and caused you to spin. I didnt mean to do that I just didnt think you would come back to the inside.
Ended up 8th overall even after getting DQ'd from 2nd race. Thanks for the fun Eric and RD!

It all started so promising. Qualified 4th, my highest qual position ever. When I mentioned that on teamspeak, I said to myself Big Mistake!!! You may have just jinxed it. Well, I did :frown: Scraped the walls in the first few turns then became part of the carnage on the front straight. Race 1 over in 3 laps. Then my computer crashed while watching the race. So Race 2 over before it started. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Anyway, it was great fun while it lasted. Congrats to the finishers and thanks to Eric for organizing such a cool event!!!!!

Wicked event, great fun just not my night.

Quali: Ran a PB of 36.55x with 2 secs left on the timer. Got pole

Race #1: Good start got out front, running 36.7xx laps consistently had a 10 sec lead, and spun. I then was in 4th pushing to get back up front....got to 2nd and was behind Yves and went inside and was fully side by side, but as he came down there was contact and that send him around (sorry yves) I was left a sitting duck on the track and eric got me taking off my front wing. Pitted repaired came out 8th. Pushed hard got back to 5th and last lap I hit the invis hole and lost 5th to Brandon.

race #2: Started 3rd, good start, but was overly cautious to avoid the wrecks. Fell to 6th. Pushed a bit and was running fast laps again, but Abdul had built a big lead. I managed to catch him but passing was very difficult. We battled nose to tail for about 12 laps. Had another incident, and found myself back to 4th, and then pushed back up to yves bumper with 2 to go, almost got in 2nd last lap outside T1 and T2, but couldnt hold it. Last lap entereing T3 I had a good run inside and shouldve had the pass, but the bump acting oddly and threw my car into the air and put me around.

Finished 2nd in race 2

Was a wicked event, congrats to yves for keeping cool and pulling a double. Grats to all who worked hard at perfecting their lines here. Thanks to Eric for organizing and RD for hosting.

I had a thought for an event. Its an Andrew Evans type event. Here it is:

Name: Oval Sprints

Server #1
Car - Minis
Track - Puebla Oval
Practice - 5 mins
Quali - 5 Mins
Race - 20 laps

Server #2
Car - Radicals
Track - Puebla Oval
Practice - 5 mins
Quali - 5 Mins
Race - 20 laps

Server #3
Car - WTCC Xtreme or GT Pro
Track - Puebla Oval
Practice - 5 mins
Quali - 5 Mins
Race - 20 laps

The idea is fast paced, and lots of fun. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back