Such an amazing experience

I cant help myself, but I havent been so much game addicted for very, very long time! I admit I started the career for three times, because I was finding out how the game works trough the first orders...

I am not proud of that but yesterday I forgot about school duties. Just to be cruising around. I even forgot about one of the RD event, which never happened to me before. That much I adore the game.

I tried the real manual gearbox, just from curiosity. I have problems to believe that the truckers are actually using it. What a mess :D I fastly moved from manual to real automatic, which seems to be reasonable choice too. I dont think these days many trucks have manual gearbox.

What I dont like is no way to set some "look into the apex" like we can find it in simracing games. Is it just me looking over it or does the game really miss that ? I just cant get use to turn and watch the corner with my mouse.

I would love to say See you on the road... but, not until there is a way to play it at least trough LAN :)

Ow, truckers do use the manual box, but it's a bit more easy on a real truck. High/low is on the stick itself, so it does not require a seperate button to be pressed :).
I drive with the split range as well, so first is 7th as well. Keeps you busy while driving through town :)

I use the mouse to look. It takes some practice to keep your truck on the road while looking to the left or right, but if you get used to it, driving goes rather fluent.

Anyway, I do agree with you. It's such a blast to be driving with it. Simply can't resist doing one more run, while I really have to go to bed :).

But I could not get used to it, I find myself keeping a tense neck so I gave up on using head tracking.
That's why should you should have gotten TrackIR. ;) Much more options to set it up to your liking. I never have a tense neck: I don't have one in real life when I look around so I don't have one with TrackIR. If you only get a tense neck with freetrack, it's due to freetrack... ;)

I cant believe it... The other drivers are flashing at you when you have your long distance headlights on! And they let you go when you wait for a long time to drive trough the intersection... It gives the game such a real feeling :) Shame that sometimes the is just annoying..

But I could not get used to it, I find myself keeping a tense neck so I gave up on using head tracking.

That's why should you should have gotten TrackIR. ;) Much more options to set it up to your liking. I never have a tense neck: I don't have one in real life when I look around so I don't have one with TrackIR. If you only get a tense neck with freetrack, it's due to freetrack... ;)

Yes! TrackIR is your solution. If you interested, check my video for some TrackIR action...
And some more in my ETS2 channel ;)

Foreword, I used headtraking for other games (fast racing), I have tried it also for flight simulators and I found it quite OK, and probably for the not so high speed maneuvers with a truck is also fine.

But I've used trakIR at a friend's house (for racing!) and I had pretty much the same feeling (go and try freetrack, they are not that different). If I relax the sensitivity I feel I need to move the head too much to look around, and if I go the other way I end up too stiff.

And of course if I have a quick look to the shifter to push this or that button, fun :laugh:, well, not really.

I tried a triple screen setup (with and without trackIR) and boy, that is what I want for xmas. No need for the trackIR at all, incredible feeling of immersion and accuracy.

I like the advanced shifting you can do with the shifter on a G25 ( or its a bug lol)

when in a gear, up shift to a higher gear but don't use the clutch, when its time to shift
only press the clutch and it shift automatic, very nice way to shift fast to the gears!

awesome game now, had several serie's like Haulin but this is one is great

to bad the trucks don't flash to notice you when overtaking and can go back to the other lane

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back