SubStanding (Extended)

Apps SubStanding (Extended) 2.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have 1 more request or suggestion: Could you make the class standings window show the class positions on the left instead of the global position? Or at least make that an option?
:thumbsup: Will be like that as a default in the next release with the option to switch back to "Show global position"

Fantastic app! Looks really good. :thumbsup: If there could be a way to show both fastest lap and previous lap on relative during the race at the same time would be fantastic. Tried editing the python file myself but ended up breaking the ui and re-installing it so I guess for now I'll settle with one or the other.

Fantastic app! Looks really good. :thumbsup: If there could be a way to show both fastest lap and previous lap on relative during the race at the same time would be fantastic. Tried editing the python file myself but ended up breaking the ui and re-installing it so I guess for now I'll settle with one or the other.
standing_items.png
Will be in the next release as well for all standing widgets :) (best lap time is left, last lap time is right, so that it's consistent with the order in practice/quali. In that case only one "best lap" will be shown of course)
There's no plan to add a header for the columns yet, but I guess once you get used to the app it's self explanatory

Last edited:
I didn't get a notification for messages in this discussion. Sorry about that.
Just one thing if you consider it useful...

It would be possible to have the "top drivers always visible" option even in the relative mode?
There is a problem with that, in all the other widgets the order is fixed. The top drivers (if displayed separately) are always in front of you. In the relative this doesn't have to be the case. The leader could be 10m behind, the #2 could be 100m in front and the #3 half way around the track. That would look pretty weird I guess, if the distance calculations are still the same.

So it'd need either a different distance calculation for those additional roles (the same as in the Global) which could also be confusing, or you could also potentially configure the global to always show top 3, but 0 other drivers if you don't use it anyways (currently only possible by manually entering the value in CM/settings.ini, not ingame), but that would for now also display the separator line still.

1658392423275.png

(leader in front in top positions, and behind in relative)

So I'm not sure what the best appraoch would be. Maybe having the top X drivers in the relative, simply with the same calculation as in the global would make sense, so simply to not having to "misuse" the global standing simply for the top drivers. What do you think?

Can you make it so we can go to a specific driver? Like when I click the 7th place driver, the camera will go to the 7th place driver (just like BCast did)
You could add options so that when you click on a player's name( On for example Global list), the game will switch to spectastor mode.
I thought about that and left it out for now as there are no simple label objects anymore I could listen to for clicks. So I'd either have to create invisible labels just to be able to click them (might hurt performance) or listen to clicks on the app window and calculate the row from there.
I'll have to see, but I'm pretty certain that I'll add that. :) (Maybe only a click on the position block? Or would you prefer the whole line?)

Will be in the next release and will be configurable to either click on the position block or the whole line (or deactivate).

Last edited:
I think that removing all the the drivers from the setttings.ini could be the best option, while leaving the others in the globale. I'll give it a try.... even though if I'm in the top positions some drivers will be showed twice.

So it's a problem with no easy solution... maybe I Should switch from relative to global in race 'cause seeing the times of the leaders is always interesting for me

Thank you for the answer!

I think that removing all the the drivers from the setttings.ini could be the best option, while leaving the others in the globale. I'll give it a try.... even though if I'm in the top positions some drivers will be showed twice.

So it's a problem with no easy solution... maybe I Should switch from relative to global in race 'cause seeing the times of the leaders is always interesting for me

Thank you for the answer!
Here you can see better what I mean
1658398172879.png

In the first part the top drivers are close to lapping me, so they are directly behind me (but in the top view they are nearly one lap ahead, so twice in there with different values, but still consistent).

In the second part 2 of them did already lap me, so in the top 3 you see the have lower times than the third because they are 3/1s in front + 1 lap, while the other is 45s ahead on the same lap.
I mean similar to the usual Global it could just show "1.1 laps" instead of the time as it does here.

Not sure. I see the benefit if you're really just using the relative. But I'm really not sure what the best approach would be currently. I guess I would go with the top X use the timing of the "Global" as well, and they are ALWAYS displayed, no matter the position.

Edit: and this is what it would look like
1658399580876.png

And when getting lapped
1658399840133.png

So times are still a bit confusing, because you have the interval for the top 3, but gaps to yourself below (and then the gaps to the leader on the right, but those are separately configurable as of course). But I guess if you get used to it you have the benefit of having 2 in one.

Last edited:
Yeah with the cars lapping each other it becomes unuseful... my proposal can only work for Sprint races
Updated the post again. Since it's now pretty much implemented I guess I'd leave it in as configurable as per default and then everyone can decide on their own.

I thought about that and left it out for now as there are no simple label objects anymore I could listen to for clicks. So I'd either have to create invisible labels just to be able to click them (might hurt performance) or listen to clicks on the app window and calculate the row from there.
I'll have to see, but I'm pretty certain that I'll add that. :) (Maybe only a click on the position block? Or would you prefer the whole line?)

Will be in the next release and will be configurable to either click on the position block or the whole line (or deactivate).
Thanks a lot, man, you're amazing. Looking forward to it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%