Cars Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)

You know that the model is only encrypted when viewed in Showroom right? If you are that averse to converted mods, than don't bother with this one, you will certainly not like it ;)
Honestly, just wanted to check out the model and compare it to this mod (from this thread) which I have, that''s all. It's so laughable to see an encrypted model from a stolen mod, man these guys sure can be creative :roflmao:

LOL is that called "encryption"? so what's the point in driving a blue, icy looking brick that's supposed to drive like a Subaru... what a joke.
It's only like that in showroom mode afaik. When driving it in-game it's all normal. *EDIT* Just noticed you already touched base on that. My bad lol.

Honestly, just wanted to check out the model and compare it to this mod (from this thread) which I have, that''s all. It's so laughable to see an encrypted model from a stolen mod, man these guys sure can be creative :roflmao:
the feature as implemented for people to protect their self made models.. but so far I have only ever seen it being used to hide ripped models

Yep. I find it both hilarious and pathetic that someone who doesn't give a second thought to stealing a model from someone else would take such steps to keep another, even more ridiculous clown from stealing it a second time.

For sure. I've said this before, will say it again... I have no problem with ripped models philosophically. I only have a problem when:

1) someone tries to post them here, as it's against RD's rules and puts RD in some legal risk. (which none of us want.)
2) someone tries to pass them off as their own work. (which is, essentially, what encrypting it feels like.)

Beyond that, y'all, have at it. I've used more than my share of rips as dev mules while working on physics, so I can't be a hypocrite about it. To keep this topical, even, the 22B of this thread was developed largely on a ripped model too. Jouni's model came along after years of physics development on the old Forza convert that was floating around.

reopen our workshop...
riapriamo la nostra officina...
Lancia 037 / Clio Maxi / Impreza WRC 99....and more

lhyldqI.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering