rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Botniaring - Fri 16Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
CLUB RACING Flyer (Endurance).png

The Oreca 07 LMP2, Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M8 GTE, and Corvette C7.R must be purchased to participate in this event.

Who can join?
All premium members can sign up for this event and a maximum of one server will be available for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM ENDURO
Cars: Endurance Pack by Studio 397 (Steam) - only the LMP2 & GTE cars will be available on the night
Track: Botniaring (Steam / Download)
Fixed Setups: No (Setups can be shared)
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Start Type: Rolling (+ Formation Lap)
Maximum Number of Cars: TBC
Race Start Time (in-game): 3:00pm (x5 time acceleration)

Practice: 20:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (20 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:45 GMT (5 minutes)
Race: 20:55 GMT (Formation Lap + 90 minutes)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
  • Qualifying shall be split into 2 x 10 minute sessions, one for each class - the GTE class will qualify first, followed by the LMP2 class. Drivers will be informed by the administator, via TeamSpeak, when they can leave their garages.
  • During the formation lap drivers must keep their speed below 120 km/h (75 mph) at all times. You will be told by the administrator, via TeamSpeak, if the maximum formation lap speed will be reduced, which may be necessary on certain, especially narrow or technical tracks. Once rFactor 2 shows a green flag then you may start racing.
  • Race starts will be double file, and you will be told by the administrator, via TeamSpeak, when during the formation lap to line up in double file. If the track is narrow or technical then a decision will be made to switch to a single file start - once again you will be informed of the decision by the administrator, via TeamSpeak.
  • General rules for overtaking and lapping are as follows - the faster car (LMP2) is responsible for initiating and safely completing an overtake, and the slower car (GTE) should remain on the racing line and behave predictably when being lapped by a car from the quicker class. GTE cars can, if they wish or if necessary, lift off the throttle to aid a pass by an LMP2 car (and to avoid a potential accident) only once an overtaking move has been initiated. LMP2 cars should only initiate overtaking moves at the exit of a corner and along a straight; overtaking on entry to or midway around a corner should be avoided (to prevent incidents from occurring) but is not forbidden.

CHOOSE YOUR CAR ON THE NIGHT!
All LMP2 & GTE cars will be available for selection. Feel free to switch between cars during the practice session, but please do not switch classes.

Entry List - LMP2
  1. [COLOR=#b30000]Daiman Patel[/COLOR]
  2. Enzo Fazzi
  3. RainhamIron
  4. Joakim Stensnæs
  5. Michael Labelle
  6. Steve Le Gallez
  7. Dino Paolini
  8. balage06
  9. Robert Johnsson
  10. Driver Slot
  11. Driver Slot
  12. Driver Slot
  13. Driver Slot
  14. Driver Slot
  15. Driver Slot
Entry List - GTE
  1. Gasper Zupan
  2. Ingemar Petersson
  3. Balazs Floszmann
  4. xoSx.Racing
  5. Pauli Ahonen - Corvette C7.R
  6. Amereto1
  7. Sfrost
  8. DowntownSIX
  9. Kresh
  10. Denis Betty
  11. jven - Corvette C7.R
  12. Marco Antonio Rodriguez
  13. Driver Slot
  14. Driver Slot
  15. Driver Slot
Reserves List
  1. Driver Slot
  2. Driver Slot
  3. Driver Slot
  4. Driver Slot
  5. Driver Slot
utp: 69 DP

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:

Daiman Patel

Sign me up please. 11 days should be enough to learn the track :D
I have added you to the list mate! :thumbsup:

By the way, I presume that you want to drive in the LMP2 class? :rolleyes:

Btw, will there be a race this Friday? I know you're busy :)
Unfortunately I will not be able to host a race this Friday, once again due to work; I decided against organising an event and asking another member of staff to run it on my behalf because it would not be fair for me to once again ask somebody to take over in my stead, and I did not have the time to do any testing in preparation for this week's race anyway.

I am terribly sorry. :unsure:

Last edited:

RasmusP

Premium
By the way, I presume that you want to drive in the LMP2 class? :rolleyes:
Oops! Yes please. GTEs are understeering slow pieces of...still awesomeness but the LMP2 is just fuuuurn :D

Unfortunately I will not be able to host a race this Friday, once again due to work; I decided against organising an event and asking another member of staff to run it on my behalf because it would not be fair for me to once again ask somebody to take over in my stead, and I did not have the time to do any testing in preparation for this week's race anyway.
Cool! Didn't want to call you out of course, was just asking out of interesting and thought others might wonder too. More time to prepare and practice :)

Daiman Patel

Oops! Yes please. GTEs are understeering slow pieces of...still awesomeness but the LMP2 is just fuuuurn :D
Done! ;) And I agree - the GTEs are fairly enjoyable to drive, though they do have a tendency to understeer if the setup is not quite right, while the LMP2s are a pleasure to drive and great fun in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Cool! Didn't want to call you out of course, was just asking out of interesting and thought others might wonder too.
Of course - I know that you were asking only out of curiosity, since there is no rFactor 2 event in the calendar for this Friday. And as you have said, I'm sure that several others were wondering the same thing, so this will now save them from asking! :p I was going to post a message in last week's event thread, including the reasons for why there will be no race this coming Friday, but I have not yet had the chance. Hopefully this will do for now and, for those who do not see my reply to you, I shall still explain why there is no race this week when I get round to replying in the event thread for last week.

More time to prepare and practice :)
Exactly! That's why I created this thread today - it will give everyone plenty of time to sign up and practice, in preparation for next week's event. :D Also, I wanted you guys to know that I had not simply disappeared, and that I would be making a return soon! :ninja:

RainhamIron

SpeedyMite Racing
OK, not a problem mate! I shall add you to the GTE list for now, but just let me know if you change your mind! :)
Will do!
Will we be using the 'long' version of the track btw? I'm gonna fire it up with some AI chucked in there to test for any possible lingering tech issues (freezes etc). I've made a few system and game tweaks so hopefully this will now be sorted.

Daiman Patel

Awesome! However, there is no rush to let me know - you can even decide on the night, if that will be easier! ;)

Will we be using the 'long' version of the track btw?
Yup, I can confirm that we shall be using the "Long" layout at Botniaring! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna fire it up with some AI chucked in there to test for any possible lingering tech issues (freezes etc). I've made a few system and game tweaks so hopefully this will now be sorted.
Fingers crossed the gremlins have been resolved! :rolleyes:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%