rF2 Studio 397 GTE @ Sebring International Raceway - Fri 24Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I am using the SMG HUD Pack.
It also includes a VR version.
I have clearly never been paying enough attention when scrolling through the content in the Workshop because I cannot remember ever seeing this HUD pack, even though it has been available since last year... :redface: Thank you for the link! :thumbsup:

Other than the fuel display, what are the other differences (if any) out of curiosity? :rolleyes:

These cars are really starting to annoy me. Once I get deep into a stint it will start to feel like I have DRS that someone is randomly activating, or that I've got tyres from a different race series on the back of my car. And I don't really have the motivation to do the long run testing for setup changes that might help it, especially as some people seem to be running the defaults with no issue. Still love the cars in general and want to do future races, but I seem to be presented with the choice of tip-toeing round as if there's open cartons of milk balanced on my rear wing, or gambling that I can catch the random rear-end looseness when it decides to strike. At least unlike last race I did, the problem this time didn't seem to be self-inflicted by me ruining the setup :roflmao:

Sorry if I got in anyone's way today!

These cars are really starting to annoy me. Once I get deep into a stint it will start to feel like I have DRS that someone is randomly activating, or that I've got tyres from a different race series on the back of my car. And I don't really have the motivation to do the long run testing for setup changes that might help it, especially as some people seem to be running the defaults with no issue. Still love the cars in general and want to do future races, but I seem to be presented with the choice of tip-toeing round as if there's open cartons of milk balanced on my rear wing, or gambling that I can catch the random rear-end looseness when it decides to strike. At least unlike last race I did, the problem this time didn't seem to be self-inflicted by me ruining the setup :roflmao:

Sorry if I got in anyone's way today!

You really have to keep an eye on the tyres with these cars. It could be that you downshift to hard and the rears lock up, if that happens the next corner will be very slippery. Or you just continually build up too much heat on the rears and at one point it gets undrivable. If this is the case make your setup so that your car understeers more into the corner.
It was a big change for me too driving them, especially compared to the Endu mod were you can just power slide through all corners and actually gain much speed doing so.

The race was fun for me. Not many battles, but I was happy about that, because I was very tired today and kept pushing my brain with Glucose Dextro Energy :p (it actually helps, or at least the placebo helps:roflmao:).
I had two incidents, one of which bend my steering and also damaged my aero so my pace was off from that point on. Still took P7 which is good!

I read that someone said he hates the track, it was the same for me in the beginning, but today when I did a few practice runs it clicked for me and I got my times below 2 minutes and then it was a blast. But beware of those freaking bumps in the last corner! Take the wrong line and off you go... it's especially hard because I have everything set to low due to VR so I can't really spot out the bumps on the track. Besides that it all ran very smooth for me in VR, except for one big lag but that was probably some windows related thing.

As always, thanks for hosting guys! Thanks for racing! See you next week (maybe, not sure yet if I can join) :thumbsup:

I had a problem when going on track for the race, the steering wheel was left without strength and I had to leave the track to start the race from the pit lane, I had a good time going up positions see you in another race.

OH MY GOOOD......SORRY SORRY SO MUCH, unfortunately I see only now from the last video posted because I found myself in sixteenth position, forgive me as soon as I can I will post my replay, from the second corner to the first straight you are all gone, and I thought it was successful a connection lost ... forgive me again is not my way of driving! sorry!

great start guys, found perfect game for you
https://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/Wreckfest/
:roflmao:
Let me guess, first time here?

Anyway, I think many had issues with the track being resource heavy and amount of players didn't help. Looking at @kozik's video, something was definitely running out of juice there. Not sure if it was his PC or the server. And i'm sure he wasn't the only one to experience something similar. But it only takes one PC to "die" to create a total mess if the planets align.

First time and I do not think it's my PC's fault .. as you can see from this other video of kozik, could also put this instead of immediately sentence, I said as I see I was not the only one to have problems, before my crossing , and I repeat that I did not see anyone and I did not report damage, there was a big mess, a mess that led to a big job the SERVER. As for me, I can apologize again.

and the title "los santos cojones" I think it's wrong

Well, overall a fairly enjoyable race, had some fun back and forth with @Ian Le Messurier, at least from where I was standing, cheers for that.

Performance was horrible for me, though - no real issues during practice and qualification, pretty much solid 60 fps, but on the grid, I was suddenly down to 20 fps, raising to 40-45 fps as the cars spread out more for most of the race. So the start of the race was rough, even without the pileups (to which I probably contributed somewhat, and I apologize).

I've been playing with the settings since and managed to improve it somewhat by noticeably dropping the quality, but I still feel like the performance is not there for how the game looks. Anyone running GTX 970 or a similar card on single screen with good performance willing to share their settings? Thanks.

First time and I do not think it's my PC's fault .. as you can see from this other video of kozik, could also put this instead of immediately sentence, I said as I see I was not the only one to have problems, before my crossing , and I repeat that I did not see anyone and I did not report damage, there was a big mess, a mess that led to a big job the SERVER. As for me, I can apologize again.
Doesn't look like your PC struggled. And the other cars seem to have behaved similarly in your and Carlos' video. Which suggests server or connection issue from server to client(s)... Not sure though.

However Carlos' video looks odd as he just seems to drive through the mess like there were no other cars :O_o:

Bought Sebring an hour before race. Absolutely in love with what s397 have done! Unfortunately my pc couldn't take it as someone mentioned during practice which meant that I couldn't punch in even a single lap until the race as every time I hopped on the server, the game would crash. Thought it would take me a couple of laps during the race to get a feel of the track, however having turned all the settings to minimum meant I literally couldnt see the brake markers, so ended spinning or gravel tripping every lap. Didn't want to quit as the feel of this track is other worldly. Anyhoo..apologies to those that I might have victimised unintentionally.

and the title "los santos cojones" I think it's wrong

The video titled "la tuneladora" is by the end of that same video in which another driver uses the brake to remove all the cars that are ahead, if he wants to drive, this is not my problem, and I have not put it in RD, you have taken it from my website, and I have a fight with another porsche in which I almost took it for a lag, although I think my connection is not the problem 600 / 100MB. Anyway, it would be good if you recorded your exit and showed it, because what I've seen of your departure is that you have no respect for anyone at least in the first four corners. The title is correctly written ... and you allude directly to what I saw in that minute of the race.

The video titled "la tuneladora" is by the end of that same video in which another driver uses the brake to remove all the cars that are ahead, if he wants to drive, this is not my problem, and I have not put it in RD, you have taken it from my website, and I have a fight with another porsche in which I almost took it for a lag, although I think my connection is not the problem 600 / 100MB. Anyway, it would be good if you recorded your exit and showed it, because what I've seen of your departure is that you have no respect for anyone at least in the first four corners. The title is correctly written ... and you allude directly to what I saw in that minute of the race.
I don't really know what you want to say, but having looked at all the videos, it seems like there was really been some issue with the game for many people. Like the refresh of the server was too slow to tell the client all the information, or other way around. So stuff happened that other people did not see, as their client was not updated with the correct information.

If there were server issues, everyone would be suffering from them (or at least most). I'm pretty sure what we see in the videos is on the client side.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back