rF2 Studio 397 GTE @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Fri 17Aug18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I really like Porsches but I also have a thing for underdogs so I might just check out the Vette for next week :D;)
I wouldn't say it's an underdog. It has the speed as evidenced by the faster guys running at the front with it. I think it requires a bit more skill and finesse - which I lack. I was using default setup. Didn't realise these cars had a low drag tuning setup until someone mentioned it in practice.

Really enjoyed the race tonight, guys :)

TyhTjcb.jpg
Is that your 'harlequin' racing livery?

I wouldn't say it's an underdog. It has the speed as evidenced by the faster guys running at the front with it. I think it requires a bit more skill and finesse - which I lack. I was using default setup. Didn't realise these cars had a low drag tuning setup until someone mentioned it in practice.
True, I should've put the underdog in quotes. Though even then it's not that accurate I guess :D I just meant it's a car that isn't popular so I might choose it for that reason :)

Had a complete brainfart last night. Someone (@PresidentSmug?) asked if everyone is on low drag package, by which I though he just meant minimum wing. But of course there is a low drag package (for Le Mans) mainly under the Tuning menu. I'm pretty sure the top 4 cars that all happened to be BMWs had that enabled and didn't want to play fair and remind the rest of us :p:D

I think that explains the gap to them.

Last edited:
@Tero Dahlberg
I'm pretty sure before qually i asked if everybody had the low areo package selected. Everybody said yes. So i at least wanted to play fair and give everybody equal chances.;)
Ah it was you! Like I said, I didn't get what you meant :D Which is on me of course! Just for some reason forgot that the option existed. Getting old I guess :p And my comment about fair play wasn't very serious :D

Well, what an exciting event this turned out to be! :D I know that quite a few people are not a fan of the Monza circuit, but these cars added a completely new dynamic which made the race incredibly fun and (unusually) interesting, though admittedly frustrating at times, especially when going through Prima Variente (the first chicane), Lesmo 1 & 2, and Ascari. :whistling: In spite of a few that I had through these corners - in particular at Lesmo 1 where I often found myself understeering into the gravel, and midway around Ascari where the bump caught me out and unsettled the car on several occasions - I really enjoyed myself.

The Porsche is, in my opinion at least, a joy to drive! :inlove: The conditions made it tough to develop a setup - low downforce was a necessity, but the track surface was rather slippery so it was tricky to find a good compromise. Like @Tero Dahlberg, I also misunderstood what people meant by the "low drag package", and assumed this was just a "code name" for a setup with minimum rear downforce, ~75% radiator tape, and closed brake ducts; I did not even think to look at the upgrades! :giggle: That's my lesson learned for next time!

I was far from being quick, but I think that I held my own much better in this event than I have done in previous club races. I think that this might be partly down to the Bathurst 1000GT event last week, which allowed me to gain a bit of confidence when battling and also when being lapped. :rolleyes:

Thank you to all of those who took part in this event - it was great to have you with us, and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did. :) I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for the cut detection line at Prima Variente. In hindsight I should have switched to the track layout without the cut detection rules, to prevent penalties from being unfairly issued in often unavoidable situations. There was little, if anything, to gain anyway by cutting across any of the corners, and there were a number of speed bumps to prevent any excessive cutting, so using the layout with the cut detection disabled probably would have been fine. I was hit by the penalty and it was annoying to say the least, so I can only imagine how @Anders Myhre must have felt in the closing stages of the race when battling over 2nd and 3rd - sorry about this mate. :unsure: I shall have to bear this in mind for the next time we use this circuit for an event, whenever this may be.

Finally, if you haven't done so already, you can sign-up for next week's race here! We shall be heading (back) to Sunny Florida for a second attempt at what should be an epic race at the ever popular Sebring International Raceway! :cool: The venue for the first event was switched due to a technical issue that I later discovered was not due to the track... :redface: So we shall be returning this week to try again! We look forward to seeing you all on track very soon! For now though, enjoy the rest of the week! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Daiman Patel any chance of final results? I still don't know who won
The best thing I can do is provide you the log file which records the race result - this can be downloaded from here - or you can watch back the stream provided by @PresidentSmug - see here (the final result can be seen at 1:28:15). If you download the log file then it will need to be put through a tool, like http://simresults.net/ or rFactor2 Log Analyzer, to properly make sense of the data.

@Daiman Patel I also really enjoy the Porsche. I actually heaven't even tested the other two yet! :D

@jimortality You have results files of all session you've entered (offline and online) stored locally under "..\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results". But as Daiman said above you need to use a parser to put the data in more readable format. Simresults.net is what I also use.

Just remembered, someone seemed a bit annoyed that headlights were flashed at them when coming to lap them. And I think they even went off track. It's not to signal "Get the #@%k out of my way!" it's just to inform you that we're not on the same lap so please don't defend. I think it was the car in front of me at the time that flashed it's lights.

I too do that at times but try not to in races like these club races because people can get annoyed. But if I'm chasing down hard or trying to keep a gap behind I might do it to hope for a bit easier pass.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back